Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 4568 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

this will become the mother of all sports quests in modern sports. it will be known going forward simply as "The Quest".

can he snatch a total of 100 titles before he hangs up his racquets? is that a viable goal for him to have?

and also what about 20 slams now that 17 are in the bag?

i know he wants slams but slams dont come easy after 30. he will be one of the exceptions obviously if it happens. where do you see his best chance at another slam? could it be on the u.s. open surface?

somebody won a french open at 31 for instance? what was his name? that is your question of the day. here is a hint: he was 6 foot 5 and he was a left hander.

muscles (rosewall) was making the finals of slams at some ridiculous old age. so if you have the talent and you can keep up on the fitness front you can certainly show up in the finals of slams.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Re: The King of 100 Titles : The Great Swiss Assasin

90 at absolute best and that is one hell of a stretch.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts

so 30 years old tennis player needs to win almost a half of titles more that he won in last 12 years of carrier in time when surface becoming slower and slower and tennis more and more physically harder . pretty obvious this will happen

·
Registered
7,805 Posts

i say over 100. i can see it happening.

he is constantly upgrading his fitness and he still has major game.
Question: You know how many titles he won last year right? You know he needs 29 more to hit 100? Winning that many over a full career is a very hard task. Winning 30 after 30? Just retarded

Some mod should probably drag this thread outside. I saw an Elephant with stomach problems

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

I don't think so. He wins mostly indoors nowadays. 29 more titles seems a lot to me...

·
Premium Member
20,533 Posts

If he does I will change my user name to Clay Death Rules :dance:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

he has to specialize. it is simple. he will rack them up on indoor hard courts and other hard courts. some grass titles are also in the mix.

he is not the average hapless ejaculite we usually see at the asylum.

he is more focused and more driven now that the time is of the essence. i think we are seeing the results.

·
Registered
28,771 Posts

No.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

come off it folks. the big idea of this thread is to exlpore that very possibility.

its ok if you dont think he will hit 100 titles. your input is still important. that is what makes and also advances this discussion.

also where did i say they all have to be singles titles?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts

Nah. If it was like the 60s/70s with alot of fast indoor surfaces even PRO SLAMS then maybe.
Today highly unlikely, 80 something likely though.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts

He'll finish at 80 in my opinion. That's still 9 more which is a lot, requires him to do as well as last year for two and a half more years.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts

Fed can coast to 80 titles If he keeps it up indoors and grabs some outdoor titles when Djokovic/Nadal fail to reach late stages of the tournaments.
I definitely can't see him breaking 90 titles.

1 - 20 of 4568 Posts