Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the most popular athlete in the world?

• Usain Bolt

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Rafael Nadal

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Roger Federer

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • others (post it in thread)

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer surely not anymore the best tennis player in the world. I still have the feeling he is the most popular athlete in the world. Doesn't matter where he shows up, he always gets the most attention (besides in spain).
royals, rich and famousl, they all want to be a part of him.

vote and discuss

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
He is most likely No.3 behind Ronaldo and Messi, there are Forbes rankings - like social media power, press and money factor - endorsmenets and so on, only those 2 football superstars are probably globally more popular - well known than Federer

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Messi and Ronaldo are insanley popular so he might be right behind them

EDIT: lets also not forget Tiger woods, kobe bryant lebron

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Why the hell is Nadal on the list? Is that a joke? Most despised maybe, certainly not most popular.

I would say Roger is definitely up there, he is universally liked in a way that no tennis player has ever been, not even Borg.

Messi and Bolt are very popular. Ronaldo is popular but also has many detractors.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Not sure about most popular athlete in the world but the constant unwarranted cheering he got during the Wimbledon final put me off and made me cheer for Djokovic.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Federer, Nadal? :spit: There are probably a dozen of football, basketball, golf and cricket players that are more popular, Federer might make it into top 15 at best, Nadal not even close.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nop :wavey:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Most popular athlete in the world?No way!

I know social media isn't a precise way to look at popularity but at least we have some criteria to compare athletes.Federer's page has 14 Million likes while Cristiano Ronaldo's page has 90 Million likes,Messi's page has 62 Million likes.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Luisito should be up there too...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ronaldo isn't that big and popular in my opinion. He is respected and your hear and see him all the time. But not always because of his game...

Of course Ronaldo has more "social media fans". all these kids today use social media and "like" him, while sb. like Federer got fans in all age generations. My mom for example is a big Federer fan. She isn't using social media at all, which is normal in her age.

Federer probably could do more commercial and earn more money with marketing-stuff, but I guess he doesn't need/care like Ronaldo. So another invalid argument in my eyes

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The most popular are Messi and Ronaldo.

Federer is after them.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Ronaldo isn't that big and popular in my opinion. He is respected and your hear and see him all the time. But not always because of his game...

Of course Ronaldo has more "social media fans". all these kids today use social media and "like" him, while sb. like Federer got fans in all age generations. My mom for example is a big Federer fan. She isn't using social media at all, which is normal in her age.

Federer probably could do more commercial and earn more money with marketing-stuff, but I guess he doesn't need/care like Ronaldo. So another invalid argument in my eyes
Tennis is too insignificant when compared to Football right now.It'll never have the mass appeal of Football.Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are definitely more popular than Federer.There's no question about it.And people who believe Fed is more popular are just deluded.

I posted the Facebook likes stat to just show the vast difference.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
LOL at the poll. MTF is really a bunch of disgusting Nosetards. Ronaldo and Messi are like billion times more popular than any tennis, either his name is Kontinen or Federer. It's just the way it is. Tennis is not THAT popular. Specially compared to football, which is even a joke to make a comparison.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
LOL at the poll. MTF is really a bunch of disgusting Nosetards. Ronaldo and Messi are like billion times more popular than any tennis, either his name is Kontinen or Federer. It's just the way it is. Tennis is not THAT popular. Specially compared to football, which is even a joke to make a comparison.
This!

I guess if we create a poll on MTF asking,who's more famous Jesus or fed?I think Fed would win it.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Messi and Ronaldo are insanley popular so he might be right behind them

EDIT: lets also not forget Tiger woods, kobe bryant lebron
The poll is about the most popular athlete in the world not USA. ;)
Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali or Michael Jordan surely were world stars. But Woods, Kobe or LeBron. Cmon:eek:

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Tennis is too insignificant when compared to Football right now.It'll never have the mass appeal of Football.Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are definitely more popular than Federer.There's no question about it.And people who believe Fed is more popular are just deluded.

I posted the Facebook likes stat to just show the vast difference.
Yup, Ronaldo's page alone probably has more followers than entire ATP top 50 combined, popularity of tennis is nowhere near football, it's ridiculous to even compare it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My client, Ernest, has more chances to become the GOAT because he has the best volley in the world and chicks like to see men volleying balls, they consider volleying hot because the men while ducking to hit the ball, they fart. For some reason they consider farting hot, I think all women are like Melissa McCarthy, fart even harder than man so that's explain the volleying hot dilemma. My view over this is that women want to teach men the beauty of life so they take men under they tutelage and teach them how to fart.

Back on subject, probably he is. I heard his mind farting during the match against Djokovic plus I think he has an amazing tool and steel balls, honestly who can shoot better than him? Nobody. You can't have two twins in a row, that's Bullseye stats. He is Bullseye. Right on target.

Who the fuck is Lessi?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts