Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
|
14,487 Posts
GOAT tops yet another list, well deserved. More than twice as much as his two page boys -

Federer's fans are going to truly regret ever calling Federer "GOAT".
Because if you claim GOAT is a legitimate concept, then you are almost certainly conceding GOAT to whomever passes Federer's slam record....
Whereas I've always said GOAT is a juvenile concept, impossible to quantify (comparing eras), and disrespectful to past legends.
I just think you guys have really set Federer up to be downgraded, when it could all have been avoided with some humility.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Huh? He would have made even more only for Corona :rolleyes:
Not much. Just a bit more in prize money which is nothing compared to his endorsements income (100 mio.) while the others, especially football player would have gotten a lot more and would have surpassed him as every year before.
Federer is only that high due to his Suisse sponsorship money. No one comes close to the money which he does not get for winning matches but only for being around.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Corona luck gave him that. Only 1-2 million ahead of lesser paid Ronaldo and Messi.
I don't think he has ever made 106.3 million dollars in a year before. He broke his own record of highest earnings in a year by a tennis player. Why are you discounting it to corona?

he has been ridiculously overpaid. of course they all have
On one hand, there are players who can't make ends meet by playing tennis. On the other hand, there are players who are making shit tons of money. Going by this logic, they deserve what they are getting paid. He is paid what he is worth as people are willing to pay him that much. He markets himself that way.

I have heard he has made 10 million dollars in that short South American tour by skipping Davis Cup. It lasted like what? 7 days or 8 days? He probably would have paid a couple of millions to Zverev for flying with him to South America.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I don't think he has ever made 106.3 million dollars in a year before. He broke his own record of highest earnings in a year by a tennis player. Why are you discounting it to corona?

On one hand, there are players who can't make ends meet by playing tennis. On the other hand, there are players who are making shit tons of money. Going by this logic, they deserve what they are getting paid. He is paid what he is worth as people are willing to pay him that much. He markets himself that way.

I have heard he has made 10 million dollars in that short South American tour by skipping Davis Cup. It lasted like what? 7 days or 8 days? He probably would have paid a couple of millions to Zverev for flying with him to South America.
you will never convince me that pro athletes are not overpaid for what they do. its not even all of them but this guy got over 100 million dollars for playing tennis. thats ridiculous and not in the good way

i mean.. i see this and then i look at careers where they are criminally underpaid. teachers and cops being 2 examples. moreover no one is worth this much. no one, i dont care who they are

·
Registered
6,883 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
GOAT tops yet another list, well deserved. More than twice as much as his two page boys -

Yep.
Also, there's that little thing about Alan Jones.
I don't know if you heard - but Federer was praising a proven bigot, racist, sexist, and alleged pedophile Alan Jones.
There's a video (deleted originally, but went viral) with Federer singing praises to this terrible person.

I don't know what particular trait of Alan Jones appeals to Roger - is it racism, or sexism, bigotry, or is it a combination of them - but Roger certainly didn't hide his admiration.

So, yeah... I'm glad Roger has a lot of money.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts

“His brand is pristine,”
"Another sign of his command of the off-court side hustle: Once companies align themselves with him, they almost never leave. "

"Federer is the GOAT, both on and off the court. "
All I can say is - Alan Jones.

I rest my case.

·
Your visions will happen
47,291 Posts
you will never convince me that pro athletes are not overpaid for what they do. its not even all of them but this guy got over 100 million dollars for playing tennis. thats ridiculous and not in the good way

i mean.. i see this and then i look at careers where they are criminally underpaid. teachers and cops being 2 examples. moreover no one is worth this much. no one, i dont care who they are
He's worth what the market says he is worth. Every athlete deserves every penny, I'm always very pro-player, always

I also agree teachers should be paid more

1 - 20 of 45 Posts