Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer proved this week once again that he is a good doubles player. Every time he plays he and his partner always have good results vs top doubles teams and often make Final (not many titles won lately but probably due to lack of time with partner). I honestly feel that Federer playing doubles would not only be great for him as it would keep him on his toes etc it would also be a great advertisement for the game. I mean imagine it, one of the all time greats of Tennis decides to take doubles Tennis seriously. It would instantly bring more interest into the format and gain it the respect it deserves.

Discuss.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I wish he could reach a double digit doubles title. At least two more titles and he reaches 10.

But today he wasted 4 mp

Olderer :(

I agree with you, seeing him playing more doubles will be fantastic. He has good runs this year with Mahut, Wawrinka and Chiudinelli

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Father got enough practice he wanted heading to most important tournament for him.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
It is hard for him to play singles and doubles in one tournament at the same time. Still singles are more important for him.He said last year that he is not going to play
doubles after he retires and would never come back. Once he is done then he is done. No more tennis.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Nobody relevant cares about doubles, let the failed singles players have their fun.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
If he wins a doubles slam will the tards count it as #18?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Here's a thought, if Federer won another Olympic gold in doubles 2016 Rio, would people still rate Nadal's 1 singles gold higher than Fed's 2 golds

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
It had occurred to me before that he could play doubles after he retires from singles, since he seems still to really enjoy being on tour. With the right partner, he would certainly have a shot at major titles.

Nobody relevant cares about doubles, let the failed singles players have their fun.
You mean you don't care about doubles. At IW, the crowds that show up to watch the top singles players play doubles are often bigger than the crowds for the singles matches of other players.

Actually, the ATP is foolish not to take advantage of the events where the top singles players enter the doubles. If they made an effort to broadcast those matches, people might start to become more interested in doubles in general.

·
Your visions will happen
47,137 Posts
If he wins a doubles slam will the tards count it as #18?
Of course.

They already count the Double Olympic Gold Medal.

·
F***ing have it
17,470 Posts
Doubles is another collateral damage of homogenization. Slow surfaces means more time on court all year long. Player need to save every single minute they can for the useless, long rallies. That means bye doubles.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Here's a thought, if Federer won another Olympic gold in doubles 2016 Rio, would people still rate Nadal's 1 singles gold higher than Fed's 2 golds
I would rate any singles achievement at least as high as 10 equivalent doubles achievements. For the Olympics it is a bit different, because Olympic medals mean a lot in the wider world of sports. For example, I rate Olympic doubles gold above a doubles Grand Slam title.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts