Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Wrong on every account. But hey, that's fine, I don't have a problem with that :)
:spit: :lol:so your saying that they're making a show outta themselves, and im sure nole would want two months off, lets jus be honest guy:rolleyes:

what a genius and cruel guy you are to want players to suffer 11 months of the year battling opponents:eek:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Frauderer at his finest! Watcha gonna give me for Christmas, Rafa?!?!

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Um- maybe Murray is complaining about the length of the season literally, not the amount of matches? If you start scheduling big holes in the middle of the year you lose your timing and start losing sets to Nieminen. If the Basel draw organizers hadn't been so kind both him and Djoko, we'd probably have seen an upset. It sounds like world #4 is a bit bitter that Murray took advantage of Roger's own poor scheduling.

Having a longer offseason to make adjustments too one's game and/or rest is not something Roger always disagreed with. He could have certainly used it against Nadal, it would seem.

Also, it's worse for the organizers with more tournaments and fewer big names at each tournament- and more boring for the fans as well. Top players are either injured or resting in every tournament nowadays.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
I mainly had my fav Rafa in mind. This year he played an exho vs Nole in Bogota, played exho vs Ferrer in Taiwan and in Dec will play another exho in Mexico :mad: You say you are tired, you pull out of events due to fatigue and yet you sign up to play some useless exhos?????
I don't want to keep discussing the matter or I might get banned if I write all that I have in mind about his "schedule".
OK well I'll admit I don't follow #2's schedule. :lol: Who is he playing the exho with in Mexico? I have no problem with players doing this in the off-season, especially when it's for their charities, but I'm a little surprised he's not doing it closer to home. :scratch:

·
Premium Member
21,438 Posts
what a genius and cruel guy you are to want players to suffer 11 months of the year battling opponents:eek:
Cruel? :spit: Nobody is holding a gun to their head. If you are playing too many tournaments, play less. If playing tennis is too demanding, maybe they should find an office job :lol:

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
This is just an extract from his whole answer when asked to reflect on issues regarding the length of the season. I can't remember the whole thing, but I remember he talked about the fact that in some ways it is good that the season is so long, because if you get an injury then it isn't going to take you out of the whole year and you can still salvage your season, unlike with skiing and American Football. I thought that was quite a perceptive point.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of reading the whole thread.

·
Vault Hunter
6,521 Posts

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Cruel? :spit: Nobody is holding a gun to their head. If you are playing too many tournaments, play less. If playing tennis is too demanding, maybe they should find an office job :lol:
Ha ha Nadal as Majorque's city hall clerck, Federer as some Swiss bank's employee and Muzza as Scottish Army's recrutor...too good and not tiring at all

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Um- maybe Murray is complaining about the length of the season literally, not the amount of matches? If you start scheduling big holes in the middle of the year you lose your timing and start losing sets to Nieminen. If the Basel draw organizers hadn't been so kind both him and Djoko, we'd probably have seen an upset. It sounds like world #4 is a bit bitter that Murray took advantage of Roger's own poor scheduling.

Having a longer offseason to make adjustments too one's game and/or rest is not something Roger always disagreed with. He could have certainly used it against Nadal, it would seem.

Also, it's worse for the organizers with more tournaments and fewer big names at each tournament- and more boring for the fans as well. Top players are either injured or resting in every tournament nowadays.
Huh? I'm not sure what poor scheduling you're referring to. If Fed was that concerned about dropping from #3 to #4 he would have played an event or two before Basel.

Also, I believe it was Andy Murray who said:

"When we play the Masters Series and the Slams, we're playing against the best players in the world every time. Sometimes it's nice to go to a tournament when you don't have to kill yourself in every single match."
So I'm guessing Murray wouldn't agree that there should be fewer tournaments, just fewer mandatory events for the top guys.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Ha ha...sooo funny from a guy who plays exh in Abu Dhabi and with Sampras all the time...it takes people for fool or what ??
He skips several tourneys every year (Halle or Stockholm or Bercy, or Asian tour) and is never able to respect the schedule he prints in press at the beginning of the year...ha ha sooo funny this Swiss guy

that's the point of him skipping tournaments if his body tells him to take a break.He withdraws ahead of fucking time giving the tournament directors enough time to replace him with another player.He doesn't show up;take his hundreds of thousands of dollars in appearance fee and wakes up the day he should play and say oh fuck I slept the wrong fucking way so I can't play:rolleyes:

Reactions: barbadosan

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Huh? I'm not sure what poor scheduling you're referring to. If Fed was that concerned about dropping from #3 to #4 he would have played an event or two before Basel.

Also, I believe it was Andy Murray who said:

So I'm guessing Murray wouldn't agree that there should be fewer tournaments, just fewer mandatory events for the top guys.
I'm referring to Federer's and his subsequent bitterness and tactlessness.:wavey:
The AO and WTF are mandatory events- and they are only a few weeks apart, at the beginning and end of the season- it's a very common complaint they should be farther apart.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
I'm referring to Federer's and his subsequent bitterness and tactlessness.:wavey:
The AO and WTF are mandatory events- and they are only a few weeks apart, at the beginning and end of the season- it's a very common complaint they should be farther apart.
Yeh I'd be bitter too over someone with no slams. Darn it, my 16 Slams look paltry next to that count. Man, I'm so bitter I could smash my trophies to smithereens - NOT!

I'm no amateur psychiatrist, but the word "transference" comes to mind :D

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
I don't know. Maybe you should ask him.
I agree with the players who want a longer off season because I don't think it's fair for the women to have two months off (when they play best of 3 sets all year), while men can only have a couple of weeks.
I agree with this.
Who cares what federer thinks? He jus skips all tournaments he wants.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
I agree with this.
Who cares what federer thinks? He jus skips all tournaments he wants.
Umm, I guess you do - since you're always responding to every word he drops

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Yeh I'd be bitter too over someone with no slams. Darn it, my 16 Slams look paltry next to that count. Man, I'm so bitter I could smash my trophies to smithereens - NOT!

I'm no amateur psychiatrist, but the word "transference" comes to mind :D
What can I say, I'd be happy with my accomplishments if I were Federer, but he's not. He clearly can't deal with the fact his best days are long behind him, and he's just lashing out a people right and left.:wavey:

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
What can I say, I'd be happy with my accomplishments if I were Federer, but he's not. He clearly can't deal with the fact his best days are long behind him, and he's just lashing out a people right and left.:wavey:
ooh I'm impressed: Muzzahlovah, aged 23, with a complete psychological assessment and profile of a 30-year old sports icon he's never been within spitting distance of. Who knew!

41 - 60 of 159 Posts