Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the court surface in Roland Garros this year in the wake of rumours that they are slower COMPARED to the previous year.

RF: A player has to adapt. The balls are different, and that’s the main main change. It was faster in Rome and Madrid. In any case, that’s how it is, balls are different, courts are different...Winning that first match feels good. I really hit the ball today. I hope that I can continue my good form.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
The tournament feels much slower but who knows.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
That Kokk match did last a long time.

Reactions: Reconditus

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
There's no helping Mundal this year though.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
They are giving Nadal the chair umpires he wants.

Might as well give him the balls he wants as well.

·
|
15,485 Posts
Inb4 Nadal is mentioned in any way.

Nah, let's be honest, it's almost certainly the FFT trying to help Nadal.
Meanwhile Djokovic has 5 AOs and only ONE US OPEN (and Nadal has beaten him in 2 of their 3 meetings at the US Open).
The most lopsided of their last 4 slam meetings was at the US Open (6-1 in 4th set).
Why? Nadal last it faster, while Djokovic likes it slower.
Nadal has the big forehand down-the-line while Djokovic relies on gymnastics retrieving.

·
|
15,485 Posts

Nadal's forehand-down-the-line is slower with these balls, and it allows Djokovic's gymnastics routine more time.
This is perfect for Djokovic, and still Nadal is going to beat him down in the QF.
No excuses left Dj.

·
Registered
22,204 Posts

The courts are also very low bouncing as reported by various other players, so that's a disadvantage for Nadal.

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Not news, really, he said this several days ago. He called the balls "dead".

Can't say I've seen a trend from results indicating fast-court players are doing worse than usual. Nor better. People depending on high bounce, though - like Isner - have been struggling.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Inb4 Nadal is mentioned in any way.

Nah, let's be honest, it's almost certainly the FFT trying to help Nadal.

So when Rafa says balls are faster or harder or slower he gets bashed. But when its Federer its normal.

When court speed is fast, slow or medium and Rafa is the 1st he gets bashed. When is Federer its ok.

As for FFT helping Rafa. Yeah thats right. He needs all the help he can get, its not like he won 9 out of 10.:wavey:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've just read interview with Kvitova. She said the balls are very slow and she and Serena are struggling because of that. She also said the most of the player went down with rocket tension.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
So when Rafa says balls are faster or harder or slower he gets bashed. But when its Federer its normal.

When court speed is fast, slow or medium and Rafa is the 1st he gets bashed. When is Federer its ok.

As for FFT helping Rafa. Yeah thats right. He needs all the help he can get, its not like he won 9 out of 10.:wavey:
Thats the tour of a typical MTF day.

And FFT has helped Rafa with the seeding him that low and the drawing him out of Feds half. Very nice nuggets of help

·
Registered
645 Posts
Meanwhile Djokovic has 5 AOs and only ONE US OPEN (and Nadal has beaten him in 2 of their 3 meetings at the US Open).
The most lopsided of their last 4 slam meetings was at the US Open (6-1 in 4th set).
Why? Nadal last it faster, while Djokovic likes it slower.
Nadal has the big forehand down-the-line while Djokovic relies on gymnastics retrieving.
true that. because it is wildly known that Djokovic relies on his grinding abilities, while Rafa is Sampras like player, always in attack mode!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts