Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer, not so much about preserving his legacy as the GOAT or his body, but rather about being a happy family man:

“I would be unhappy on the tour without them and then I would retire,” he says. “For me, it only works this way... As long as my wife and also my kids can manage it, I should enjoy it because at the end of the day it’s supposed to be something we enjoy doing. It allows me to keep playing.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/federer-family-life-cnn-amanpour-2015

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
meh. That's PR talking. Roger retires if he can't compete. His close friends have said that to the media time and time again. Now, I don't know if he can win another major but he is trying.

·
Registered
26,795 Posts
OK, Fed, here what I think-- homeschooling is not the best option for normal kids. So, make you choice, man :hug:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Roger would retire the day he has no more sponsors, he is making a big pay check every year from sponsorship side for being a part of ATP tour, wy would he miss that? a day will come where losing is no longer fun and he would retire then, it could be as early as this year, but my expectations are he would retire after 2016 Olympics or Basel.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roger would retire the day he has no more sponsors, he is making a big pay check every year from sponsorship side for being a part of ATP tour, why would he miss that? A day will come where losing is no longer fun and he would retire then, it could be as early as this year, but my expectations are he would retire after 2016 Olympics or Basel.
Maybe right, he'll retire when losing is no longer fun, but Roger will continue to bank sponsorships long after retirement as the classiest and the greatest tennis player of all time.

It's interesting that although he bought very costly premier undeveloped land with a spectacular view of Lake Zurich in the ultra rich Gold Coast town of Herrliberg many years ago, he chose to build a five story apartment-like home on a cramped street in Wollerau. It's worth noting that Herrliberg in the canton of Zurich does not allow home schooling, but Wollerau in the canton of Schwyz does.

Nothing wrong with that as he wants his family on the tour, but it does explain the lengths he'll go --- and potential financial loss --- to have the wife and kids with him. More power to him.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
He said if his family couldn't travel with him he'd retire. That doesn't mean it's the only situation under which he'd retire. Of course it's a moot point as it's pretty clear his wife likes travelling and they have no problem packing up the kids and nannies and travelling to tournaments.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
He will retire when he is absolutely sure that Nadal can't pass him in slam counts, that is, after Nadal retires first :lol:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Federer, not so much about preserving his legacy as the GOAT or his body, but rather about being a happy family man:

“I would be unhappy on the tour without them and then I would retire,” he says. “For me, it only works this way... As long as my wife and also my kids can manage it, I should enjoy it because at the end of the day it’s supposed to be something we enjoy doing. It allows me to keep playing.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/federer-family-life-cnn-amanpour-2015
how many parents are on bussiness trips and they don't see their families for weeks or even months?
I don't believe it for a sec

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Calling Nadal the most fun to play against, such a joker this Rogie :worship:

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
how many parents are on bussiness trips and they don't see their families for weeks or even months?
I don't believe it for a sec
I don't know. How many?
I can't think of anyone I personally know whose parents travel at least 6 months in a year for 10 years.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
so, he made it clear - the date of the girls going first day to school, should be the day he retires.

fair enough

·
Registered
868 Posts
Calling Nadal the most fun to play against, such a joker this Rogie :worship:
Memories maybe ? "Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought." - Percy Bysshe Shelley

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Of course Roger Federer enjoys travelling. Not as much as LeBron James though

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's interesting that although he bought very costly premier undeveloped land with a spectacular view of Lake Zurich in the ultra rich Gold Coast town of Herrliberg many years ago, he chose to build a five story apartment-like home on a cramped street in Wollerau. It's worth noting that Herrliberg in the canton of Zurich does not allow home schooling, but Wollerau in the canton of Schwyz does.

Cantonal taxes in Schwyz are significantly lower than Zurich.
For 70 million income it's like paying 13 million vs 23 million in taxes.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
He said if his family couldn't travel with him he'd retire. That doesn't mean it's the only situation under which he'd retire. Of course it's a moot point as it's pretty clear his wife likes travelling and they have no problem packing up the kids and nannies and travelling to tournaments.
They have nannies?

Why?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts