Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
So no shot for the third set of twins? I knew deep down it was too early for Mirka to try again

·
Registered
21,394 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Speaking with the New York Times, Godsick said: "Assuming that everything goes well and the kids are healthy and Mirka is doing well, he has every intention of playing Roland Garros. The question is what he plays before that, if anything. Time will tell. He is training and hasn’t missed a beat in training."

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Speaking with the New York Times, Godsick said: "Assuming that everything goes well and the kids are healthy and Mirka is doing well, he has every intention of playing Roland Garros. The question is what he plays before that, if anything. Time will tell. He is training and hasn’t missed a beat in training."
Newsbot making up for the fact he didn't start this thread :p

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
No surprise here.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Not a huge surprise as there are significant points at stake and keeping a top ranking is incredibly important for anyone but especially for someone at Fed's age.

Still, I might have left my decision to play RG down to whether I played Rome. He'll need to be in top form to be a serious threat to actually win in Paris (though the level required is seemingly lower than it has been for many years) and we all know that Fed always plays to win; he'll have to work extra hard in Paris to get into his best clay form and I'm not sure working that hard at RG is advisable right before he'll have work just as hard at adjusting his game for the more winnable WB.

I might have pulled a Murray and skipped RG if Rome wasn't going to happen and instead focused on getting into incredible grass conditioning long before anyone else. Would have also left him fresher for the USO series where he can pick up a ton of points to keep his ranking solid. Point is moot if he ends up making it to Rome of course.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Not a huge surprise as there are significant points at stake and keeping a top ranking is incredibly important for anyone but especially for someone at Fed's age.

Still, I might have left my decision to play RG down to whether I played Rome. He'll need to be in top form to be a serious threat to actually win in Paris (though the level required is seemingly lower than it has been for many years) and we all know that Fed always plays to win; he'll have to work extra hard in Paris to get into his best clay form and I'm not sure working that hard at RG is advisable right before he'll have work just as hard at adjusting his game for the more winnable WB.

I might have pulled a Murray and skipped RG if Rome wasn't going to happen and instead focused on getting into incredible grass conditioning long before anyone else. Would have also left him fresher for the USO series where he can pick up a ton of points to keep his ranking solid. Point is moot if he ends up making it to Rome of course.
:rolleyes: :spit:

So that's how you call it these days :worship:

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Umm, last I checked he has a F in a clay tournament since Miami, something neither Nadal or Djoker have. If anything, they need the tune-up more than he does.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
This is news? It's not like he gave birth! :lol: Just missed a warm-up that will have no bearing on how he performs in Paris.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts