Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, he's playing friday but it's better for the game because santoro will play two match tomorrow, three is a little much!!

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Laure said:
Yes, he's playing friday but it's better for the game because santoro will play two match tomorrow, three is a little much!!
Mens and mixed doubles?

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
He better be playing a night match. Rogi and Santoro are two rarities in this sport and will wow the crowd if they both play well. We just have to hope the USTA is smart enough to put Roger's match on Ashe at night......OR DON'T THEY THINK HE CAN SELL ENOUGH TICKETS???!?!?!?!? :fiery:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Is there Sat. night tennis? I thght. 'cuz of ratings it was only weekday nights? So much for my memory.

But I'm very concerned that Roger will have to play consecutive days, tho agree w/Dirk that an RF-Santoro match is a helluva lot of fun, when Santoro's playing well.

Looks to me like US is doing whatever they can to make it easy for Thuggy(RN) to make it through - slowed down the courts this yr, giving him a better sched. So far Thuggy has had 2 primetime eve. matches & Roger Nada. So, I haven't seen any tennis at all yet - 'cept a bit of Clijsters today.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Roger's the #1 seed and defending champ and all these other guys are put on AA at night before he is. :retard: Sheesh. They should do it like at Wimbledon where the defending champs (men at least) play on day 1 in prime time. It's ridiculous that James Blake gets a prime time night match on AA before Roger does. I don't care that he's an American. He's not a seeded player, why should he get the prime time slot? When Roger played the other day the stands were half full. I'm sure it was the same thing for Hewitt today. Their scheduling is wack.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Dirk said:
He better be playing a night match. Rogi and Santoro are two rarities in this sport and will wow the crowd if they both play well. We just have to hope the USTA is smart enough to put Roger's match on Ashe at night......OR DON'T THEY THINK HE CAN SELL ENOUGH TICKETS???!?!?!?!? :fiery:
I think they will.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
mirkaland said:
Roger's the #1 seed and defending champ and all these other guys are put on AA at night before he is. :retard: Sheesh. They should do it like at Wimbledon where the defending champs (men at least) play on day 1 in prime time. It's ridiculous that James Blake gets a prime time night match on AA before Roger does. I don't care that he's an American. He's not a seeded player, why should he get the prime time slot? When Roger played the other day the stands were half full. I'm sure it was the same thing for Hewitt today. Their scheduling is wack.
It's not like their matches were envisioned to be 5-set classics. Also Roger has only played one match so it's too early to talk about a weird schedule. Tuesday the chose to put Roddick on at night (good call) and Wednesday's men's night match is always the first of the second round. Maybe the could have set Hewitt second on AA in the day session, but other than that the schedule looks allright (for now).

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
LLeytonRules said:
I find it ridiculous that guys like Muller, Agassi and Ginepri are playing today, on thursday and not Federer.
What difference does it make?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The difference is that it feels like Roger is being put on the backburner, i am sure Roger prefers playing today.I think for a defending champion, he is not getting the respect.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
too way long to wait....

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
LLeytonRules said:
I find it ridiculous that guys like Muller, Agassi and Ginepri are playing today, on thursday and not Federer.
It seems to me that the bottom half plays today (except for Nadal who played yesterday), so nothing ridiculous uptil now. The top half will come out play all tomorrow. They'd better give Roger the night match yeah :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well, roger is professional. he won't complain. he'll let his racket do the talking and let the fans and media do the complaining until the idiots in USTA realize that they are such a bias jackass group

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
An early time slot gives me the opportunity to actually watch these matches. They don't show the late matches here (unless it has a Belgian in it)... so...I'm not complaining.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Nothing unusual about strange scheduling from the US Open.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
This is really bothersome. First of all, its hard to tell how to arrange other things (you know, other incidental matters rest of life, work, etc.) because you don't know if alternate halves are playing on alternate days. One guy plays for two days back to back then nothing for 2 days, and so on.

Roger did did get a dig in, when he responded earlier and said "Well, I'm used to playing later, you know Prime Time, so this was kinda early for me"

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Well I guess the Usta might be afraid ppl might be complaining they don't get to see enought tennis when they put Roger on the night session as he usually finishes his matches pretty fast ;)

The more they will work against Roger the more he will focus on winning the whole thing - to show them who the boss is ;)

Gooo for it Roger!! (Not only you have to wait an other day till you play we fans too!! And I don't know which is harder ;) )

1 - 20 of 37 Posts