Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Federer: "If we would have played with roof, everything would have changed"

Stupid excuses, nothing more. He had his chances, made terrible shot decisions on those key points, blew them. End of story. Move on try to win Shanghai Basel and Paris. 2 out of the 3 should be possible. Those statement are completely ridiculous and beyond that diminish millmans achievement. I’ve always defended federer in this case because djokovic and especially nadal can be much worse in defeat than him but this time he really is a sore loser and I’m ashamed of his words...

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

He'll play Shanghai, Basel, and London, but I'm not so sure about Paris!!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

He didn't exactly say that, but lots of excuses about the heat and slow court:

Sf0I0-C-cMk

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

So he struggled with the heat n humidity. just means he's getting old

EDIT: and yeh OP, that's click bait false title, he didn't exactly say that. he just said it was couldn't cope well with it, maybe due to a lack of air circulation.

·
|
14,285 Posts

Federer said in Cincy it was very fast conditions and hard to find rhythm, but here the surface too slow....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts

He didn't exactly say that, but lots of excuses about the heat and slow court:

Sf0I0-C-cMk
He is saying things he means. Let's not massacre Federer for not saying some PR bullshit.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Stupid excuses, nothing more. He had his chances, made terrible shot decisions on those key points, blew them. End of story. Move on try to win Shanghai Basel and Paris. 2 out of the 3 should be possible. Those statement are completely ridiculous and beyond that diminish millmans achievement. I’ve always defended federer in this case because djokovic and especially nadal can be much worse in defeat than him but this time he really is a sore loser and I’m ashamed of his words...
Excuses yes but Millman does not deserve credit for this "accomplishment." He didnt play great enough to beat an all-time great. Federer handed it to him with one of the worst matches in many years

·
Registered
869 Posts

If I were journalist, I ask"do-U-still-motha-fuckka-want-play-tennis??"

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts

Federer said "I do believe since the roof is on that there is no air circulation in the stadium." -- what this refers to is not whether the roof is open or closed. It's the fact that there's a roof infrastructure at all. Even when it's open, it is stuffier inside, with less circulation, than it used to be before a roof was added to Arthur Ashe stadium. The opening in the top is not nearly as big as it was when there was no roof at all. That's not an 'excuse' or some kind of complaining, it's just a matter-of-fact statement.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

Federer just said he couldn’t cope with the heat and humidity, he’s not using as an excuse, he’s just saying that a fact, and ofc it’s no one else but his “fault” that he couldn’t cope with it, it’s probably old age

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

Using the heat as an excuse after playing a night match :worship:

But Fed's presser was far more classy than the first question in it :facepalm::

Q. What was ailing you this evening and what effect did it have on you?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts

He could have just said the 2 facts that (1) the opponent is the better player on the day and that (2) he is getting old; but he went on to say everything else but the 2 facts.

If I were journalist, I ask"do-U-still-motha-fuckka-want-play-tennis??"
He answered your question, Sir, by saying that he is coming back for the Laver Cup and hopes to finish the year strong.

Sf0I0-C-cMk

@ 2:56, "I wish I could have led 2 sets to love and then maybe the match would be different, you know, I'd find a way."
You were leading 2 sets to love against Anderson at 2018 Wimbledon, but you were unable to find a way; sorry Fed.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

Did he mention the "grapefruit" sized balls too? Seeing as his fans are already listing it as an excuse for him :spit:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

He should be very happy and thankful to Craig Tilley, TA and his other business partners. No decree no 20th Slam, no equaling AO record.
Then hilarious posters here say he is not favored by tennis authorities.
World of sport can be disgusting:eek:

·
Registered
6,492 Posts

If you watch the press conference, you'll see he gave Millman credit for the way he played / that he showed good level. Still, clearly as we witnessed that wasn't all, i.e. Fed wasn't simply outplayed in a duel, but instead his level / amount of errors was so uncharacteristic, that it's hard to not think that there was something else bothering him. Many e.g. mentioned they had never seen Fed sweat as much. The title of this thread was total bs/clickbait as that was not Fed's point, nor even his words. Instead he said that the conditions were indeed tough, and in his view tougher than when the court didn't yet have the roof complex, i.e. the air is even more stagnant than it once was, making it even tougher for him to handle by his words. Didn't say "everything would've changed".

·
Registered
10,405 Posts

He could have just said the 2 facts that (1) the opponent is the better player on the day and that (2) he is getting old; but he went on to say everything else but the 2 facts.
1. He did say Millman was better that day, just not in a straightforward way.
2. No self-respecting athlete is going to use age as an excuse. Ever.

Transcript of Federer's post-match PC.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts

He should be very happy and thankful to Craig Tilley, TA and his other business partners. No decree no 20th Slam, no equaling AO record.
Then hilarious posters here say he is not favored by tennis authorities.
World of sport can be disgusting:eek:
What does this even have to do with the matter in hand? To begin with the whole topic is made up which you could recognize instead of coming up with unrelated bashing.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

What does this even have to do with the matter in hand? To begin with the whole topic is made up which you could recognize instead of coming up with your unrelated bashing.
You will teach me what off topic is? Thanks I'll be fine

I said it after AO and now. I'm not afraid of it. I'm not bashing Federer, well maybe in minds of his tards here

The thread is actually about giving him advantage so many times before matches even started. At least I see it that way

·
Registered
6,492 Posts

You will teach me what off topic is? Thanks I'll be fine

I said it after AO and now. I'm not afraid of it. I'm not bashing Federer, well maybe in minds of his tards here

The thread is actually about giving him advantage so many times before matches even started. At least I see it that way
How is it about that? Can you even acknowledge/admit that the comment was fabricated?

1 - 20 of 121 Posts