Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ubaldo Scanagatta‏@Ubitennis
Novak in the top 4 of all the time? I can't reply, I don't want to disappoint all the others #Federer #RG15 #RolandGarros

Ubaldo Scanagatta ‏@Ubitennis
Novak has not many GS yet but he has won many Masters and it is amazing #Federer #RG15 #RolandGarros

Ubaldo Scanagatta ‏@Ubitennis 5h5 hours ago
Yes I'm gonna play Halle before Wimbledon #Federer #RG15 #RolandGarros

chiara gambuzza ‏@ChiaraGamTWI
Federer:"I don't understand the reason why Monfils isn't in the Top10"

Talking of Monfils, Federer said: "He's played me tough throughout my career, I thought. Especially the last four, five years now. He's been tougher for me to play against. We have played against each other here (Roland Garros) on a few occasions as well. Semis, quarters, some of my big years here. So clearly I'd love to play against him."

Federer:"Mentally I'm not always as relaxed as people might think, there is so much at stake"

·
Registered
5,322 Posts

Federer:"I don't understand the reason why Monfils isn't in the Top10"

Sarcasticerer.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Ubaldo Scanagatta ‏@Ubitennis
Novak has not many GS yet but he has won many Masters and it is amazing #Federer #RG15 #RolandGarros
Who gives a fuck. Masters have only been around since 1990, and the tour was split all the way up until 1982.

Slams are the only thing that matters.

1. Federer
2. Rosewall
3. Laver
4. Nadal
5. Sampras
6. Gonzales
7. Tilden
8. Borg
9. Budge
10. Perry

·
Registered
596 Posts
Djokovic will break a lot of GOAT records, except maybe 17 slams.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Smart man. No need to piss off other players, especially since Djokovic doesn't have double digits in the slams yet and other records

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Who gives a fuck. Masters have only been around since 1990, and the tour was split all the way up until 1982.

1. Federer
2. Rosewall
3. Laver
4. Nadal
5. Sampras
6. Gonzales
7. Borg
8. Tilden
9. Budge
10. Perry
Nice propaganda. Slams are the most important but not the only thing that matters. If that were the case then why don't we just get rid of every other tournament? No point playing them if they don't matter.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Nice propaganda. Slams are the most important but not the only thing that matters. If that were the case then why don't we just get rid of every other tournament? No point playing them if they don't matter.
Because slams are the only constant throughout tennis history. Take Jimmy Connors who won over a 100 tournaments total. Yet no one considers him anywhere near the top 10 players of all time.

Other tournaments only matter in the case of a tiebreak between two all time greats.

·
Registered
14,476 Posts

1. Federer
2. Rosewall
3. Laver
4. Nadal
5. Sampras
6. Gonzales
7. Tilden
8. Borg
9. Budge
10. Perry

Nole cannot be found on this list. :sad:

·
Banned
923 Posts
I'll put him on the list once he reaches 10 slams, right at number 10 above Perry.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Counting only slams is also stupid.

The Australian Open didn't matter to some top players for decades.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
He's 27 and we're about the enter the Djokovic era, so much time left, you cannot even imagine how much time it actually is.

I'll give you one example to understand what we're about to enter.

Michael Jordan won his first championship at the age of 28.
And now he's considered far and away the greatest basketball player of all-time. And no one comes even close.

That's what will happen in tennis in the next 5-6 years.
Considering the state of tennis - this is not even a difficult prediction. It's so, so obvious.

Be prepared, bro, be prepared.

·
Banned
923 Posts
He's 27 and we're about the enter the Djokovic era, so much time left, you cannot even imagine how much time it actually is.

I'll give you one example to understand what we're about to enter.

Michael Jordan won his first championship at the age of 28.
And now he's considered far and away the greatest basketball player of all-time. And no one comes even close.

That's what will happen in tennis in the next 5-6 years.
Considering the state of tennis - this is not even a difficult prediction. It's so, so obvious.

Be prepared, bro, be prepared.
Are you seriously comparing basketball where you can play until your 40s to a sport as physically grueling as tennis? :spit: Nole is done once the young'uns rise, in about 2 years I'd say.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Two things happen in the next 4 years in tennis.

Djoker dominates and enters GOATdom.

Murray dominates for periods and finally catches up some with the Big 3.

Back and forth domination between the two. :worship:

1 - 20 of 150 Posts