1,316 Posts
Re: Trivalry

muzza will have his say abt it at the end of the fortnight

·
Registered
57 Posts

That's a tough one.

I think if you were just talking rivalries you would have Federer and Nadal on top. But as a trio with Djokovic, i'd probably have to go with Borg, Connors, McEnroe.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts

That's a tough one.

I think if you were just talking rivalries you would have Federer and Nadal on top. But as a trio with Djokovic, i'd probably have to go with Borg, Connors, McEnroe.
Double that.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

That's a tough one.

+2.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

Now conners Borg an Mcnroe are still a head, but when Federer Nadal and djokovic are done not any more. I of course expect more finals between them to come.

·
Registered
22,249 Posts

Who is that clown in the middle?

·
Registered
16,539 Posts

Right now, Djokovic is weighing Fedal down... so I have to give it to the old lads. But I fully expect Novak to improve his résumé in the next 1 or 2 years and make this the best tennis trio ever. Doesn't even have to be by much, Fedal make up for a lot even if he stays stuck with 4 or 5 slams (wishful thinking I know, but still possible)

·
Registered
14,898 Posts

Federer: 16 GS + Nadal: 10 GS + Djokovic: 3 GS = 29 > Borg: 11 GS + Connors: 8 GS + McEnroe: 7 GS = 26 GS

And let's not even mention the fact that the competition is stronger in this Fedjodal era, with the rest of the players.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

Federer: 16 GS + Nadal: 10 GS + Djokovic: 3 GS = 29 > Borg: 11 GS + Connors: 8 GS + McEnroe: 7 GS = 26 GS

And let's not even mention the fact that the competition is stronger in this Fedjodal era, with the rest of the players.
Is it really??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

I disagree with this statement just for the fact that i have seen players use a wooden rackets from the past with the same amount of power and spin as the new technologically advance rackets. Just look at the serves

·
Your visions will happen
50,129 Posts

The proper term is Fedalovic.

And I think it is the current guys.

Borg/Mac/Connors really was only 2 years from USO 79-USO 81. Fedalovic has been 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and counting.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts

The proper term is Fedalovic.

And I think it is the current guys.

Borg/Mac/Connors really was only 2 years from USO 79-USO 81. Fedalovic has been 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and counting.
This.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

The difference is that at 1979-1981, all of Borg/Mac/Connors were indeed all still proper rivals to each other. Fedalovic was FEDAL from 2008-2010 (I'd personally say, 2005-2010 :eek:) with Djoko being a relatively minor issue during those years.
Right now, however, Djokovic kind-of owns both of the other two (at least so far in 2011). A rather lopsided 'trivalry' imho, and hence my vote goes to the aforementioned.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts