Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer now feels that Murray has recovered his status as one of the men to watch out for at the All-England Club in 2014. "Defending champion is never an easy thing," said the 32-year-old, "but then again, he played so well on grass the last few years."

"He was winning the Olympics, winning Wimbledon, winning Queen's last year. So he knows how it's done, and I would feel comfortable if I was Andy at this point. I think he's fought back nicely, bravely. I think he is where he wants to be before Wimbledon, in my opinion."

"Clearly in a perfect world you don't want to have surgery, looking back one year ago," added Federer. "I still think he's good enough now to defend again; whereas maybe three to four to five months ago, honestly I wasn't sure about that. But now I think the way he's playing, the way he's got himself back into shape again, I think he can really believe again. That's what's most important now."

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Federer's job these days is to say who's going to win slams instead of trying to win them himself?

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Federer's job these days is to say who's going to win slams instead of trying to win them himself?
Hasn't Nadal done that for years? Never the favorite, no?

Nice words from Roger, but given that it's Fed, it's probably some backhanded compliment emphasizing the poor state of the game right now given Murray's unfortunately lackluster play as of late.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Fed is always right. I know that. After the draw is released I know Murphy has a shot. The draw, the organisers, the umpires, the crowd are all on his side to help him sneak out a victory against Fed/Rafa in the final

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Feddy is getting ready for his post-retirement career - a tennis commentator for Halle and Basel.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Jinxerer at it again. :zzz:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
But you have to give him enough credit for pointing out who is going to win correctly in the past several slams

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Heck. I am at peace with Murray defending the title as the one who shall not be named is out of the picture. Where is Slade by the way? I miss the guy :)

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Federer really turning on the mind games these days

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He predicted Wawrinka's victory?
He supported him at least.
Although it isn't difficul to guess the winners of 14 rg, 13 uso, 13 wc.I have all of them correct too.

Z

·
0 Posts
I think Federer is just accepting his place at this point in his career.

He has lost before the first week at 3 of the last 4 slams. He isn't comfortable being considered a top contender any longer, so he is discussing the favorites while still trying to win again. He probably wants to avoid any more disappointment from himself and his fans.

It's funny, however, that I haven't heard him say anything about Djokovic's chances :superlol:

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Fed probably said this right after Murray lost to Stepanek, chuckling the whole time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Federer really turning on the mind games these days
This vulture tried many times mind games against Andy,
It indeed worked in 2010, but not work at 2012 Olympics:devil:, he is outclassed by Andy in that epic match

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Getting Fed up (pardon the pun) of coming into Federer threads to see them turned into a cesspit of bitter, envious and immature Nadal fanboys with comments that are often so idiotic, that we all end up that little bit more stupid, for having to read them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts