Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger Federer has backed the decision of Andy Murray to appoint Amelie Mauresmo as his new coach.

"There were rumours in Paris about them working together. I think it is very interesting. I think it's great and only time will tell if it is going to be successful or not," Federer said.

Federer, who is preparing for the defence of his title at Halle this week, believes Murray has made a "great choice" to have the two-time Grand Slam champion on board.

"But Andy has always been open to try out things or go in a different direction with Ivan Lendl, with Brad Gilbert as well and now with Amelie Mauresmo," he added.

"I remember being at the Champion's dinner with her at one of my Wimbledon victories.

"I always enjoyed watching her play and she is a true professional. So from that standpoint, I think it's a great choice and I hope they're going to be a successful team together."

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Roger ... PR GOAT.. my hats off to this legend

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Federer - yes, it's a very interesting partnership, Amelie is obviously a big champion, she's won Wimbledon before and i'm sure she can bring another perspective to Andy's game. At this level, you know, it's not a matter of teaching someone the shots, but a having someone to lean on, someone who has got the experience at this very high level, who's been there, done that and someone who can give you some directions, watching from the outside.
Just like me and Edberg, Djokovic and Becker, Andy with Lendl, it's great that this trend of using the former champions' know how is continuing, it's great for the sport.
Pretty much nailed it :lol:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Roger Federer has backed the decision of Andy Murray to appoint Amelie Mauresmo as his new coach.

"There were rumours in Paris about them working together. I think it is very interesting. I think it's great and only time will tell if it is going to be successful or not," Federer said.

Federer, who is preparing for the defence of his title at Halle this week, believes Murray has made a "great choice" to have the two-time Grand Slam champion on board.

"But Andy has always been open to try out things or go in a different direction with Ivan Lendl, with Brad Gilbert as well and now with Amelie Mauresmo," he added.

"I remember being at the Champion's dinner with her at one of my Wimbledon victories.

"I always enjoyed watching her play and she is a true professional. So from that standpoint, I think it's a great choice and I hope they're going to be a successful team together."
This arrogant swiss guy, so many Wimby titles he doesn´t remember which year it was with Amelie:D:D

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
newsbot peaking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts