Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Exactly right Jag, Henin puts her whole body into the shot, feds is all arm and wrist and thats why it looks weak, and fails to generate the umph that quite a few other players can. Another example of a player putting their body into the shot is Gasquet, and thats also backed up by the explosive power he has with that shot. He really gets planted well behind the ball, and uses the whole motion to generate the stroke. Fed relies on his arm, which aren't in all honesty monster muscles like Nadal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just saw the first set and all the backhand errors were just awful. It seems too hit and miss these days.
maybe he can borrow Henins coach for a bit, her backhand - best single handed in tennis :worship:

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
I just saw the first set and all the backhand errors were just awful. It seems too hit and miss these days.
maybe he can borrow Henins coach for a bit, her backhand - best single handed in tennis :worship:
Wrong word..

People should not use the word 'best' when referring to female tennis players; Im not being sexist, genetics takes care of that..

You have every right to say that she has the most technically perfect backhand in the game though. However if she was put up against a male player and was told to rally bh-bh, her backhand would quickly become fragile and inconsistent due to all of the extra power and spin she would be hitting against.

Re: Federer's backhand. It is a great shot when it's on but unlike his forehand has an increased chance of breaking down during a match, resulting in it being rather more inconsistent unless Federer is playing particularly well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wrong word..

People should not use the word 'best' when referring to female tennis players; Im not being sexist, genetics takes care of that..

You have every right to say that she has the most technically perfect backhand in the game though. However if she was put up against a male player and was told to rally bh-bh, her backhand would quickly become fragile and inconsistent due to all of the extra power and spin she would be hitting against.

Re: Federer's backhand. It is a great shot when it's on but unlike his forehand has an increased chance of breaking down during a match, resulting in it being rather more inconsistent unless Federer is playing particularly well.

Thats what I meant really ;)

·
Banned
105 Posts
No, you are probably right Mwater. I would be curious to see how the stroke speeds of both Federer and Henin match up, I imagine Justine wouldn't be far off the same speed? And anyway, as we said before, Rogers problem is not hitting against pace, its generating his own pace.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
in case people don't notice Federer's forehand is getting shitter and shitter. It seems he has taken a foolish approach to improve his forehand and is achieving MUCH less balance therefore resulting in more errors than he use to on that side of the wing.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
The slice backhand return off moderate serves has been a liability in some of these matches, when an opponent is really taking it to him. He starts the point in neutral rather than getting ahead immediately.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts