Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
well Rog has had an excuse in DC for a little while because Kratochvil's big decline has meant everything rests on him and even in doubles it's hard to pull through.

If Wawrinka keeps rising as i expect he will then they he'll lose that excuse.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
switz said:
not to be offensive intentionally but is Allegro a really bad player? he's had some ok results with other people from memory but with Roger they never seem to do much. i realise that roger's brilliance in singles doesn't automatically equate with doubles successful but with his game i find it hard to believe he's a liability. they've done OK in Davis Cup but even there they've struggled. i think they just beat the team they lost today in 5 sets.
Roger used to do very well with Hingis in Mixed doubles, never seen him with Allegro so not sure what the problem is

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
switz said:
not to be offensive intentionally but is Allegro a really bad player? he's had some ok results with other people from memory but with Roger they never seem to do much. i realise that roger's brilliance in singles doesn't automatically equate with doubles successful but with his game i find it hard to believe he's a liability. they've done OK in Davis Cup but even there they've struggled. i think they just beat the team they lost today in 5 sets.
Roger and Allegro have won 2 titles together, so yes that's disappointing and playing with one of your best friends can be a problem as well.

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Naldo said:
Um quite frankly yes I am expecting him to compete in all the DC ties. Lots of top players do it, so why not Federer? The least he could have done was to show up and help his team win 1r so they remain in the main draw for 06 but now his team is relegated to the field just below the MD and they have to win this event just to get themselves back into the main draw for 2006. The male players take DC very seriously and a large majority of them play it. The females on the other hand tend to be selfish and just look after themselves, and that's sort of what Federer did this year (have no clue about last year don't remember).

Am I blaming him, no not really but this whole response was my responding to a previous post which was talking about responding as a Suisse fan, meaning being from Switzerland and if I was Swiss then yes I would be pissed at him for not showing up fr the 1r and didn't give a crap and only looked after himself.:p
Well, actually the majority of Swiss people understood him very well when he announced that he was not going to compete in the first round of this year's Davis Cup. His one of the most important goals for this year which he set end of last year was to defend the no.1 ranking. DC first tie took place between Dubai and Indian Wells in which he was the defending champion and wanted to defend some points. He also said defending Indian Wells title and doing well in Miami was his focus. It must have been a hard decision for him to sacrifice DC, though.

Yes, we lost in the first round of DC. But we Swiss fans don't blame him... Very few are saying "if Federer had been there,,,,," It was a very good fight against Holland, Wawrinka and Chiudinelli fought really well. On the other hand, Federer played successfully in Dubai, Indian Wells, and Miami. We are all happy about this term of the year.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts