Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
He needs all the match practice he can get, the more he plays the faster he will get his rythm back, allez Fed/Allegro

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
I don't like it if he isn't injured or not 100% healthy.
If he is healthy and just needs more matches good for him

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
He played for 2 hours + against Kiefer and now his doubles match is 2+ hours. That's a lot of tennis, no matter how much rest he is coming off of.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Fed/Allegro just sucked in doubles 0/15 BP :eek:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Fed/Allegro just sucked in doubles 0/15 BP :eek:
As long as he got match practice, who cares. I don't think he needs it though to defeat Ollie.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
rofe said:
As long as he got match practice, who cares. I don't think he needs it though to defeat Ollie.
Yep he just needed the practice, but they need to improve for DC

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
They needed more matches to play together considering Davis Cup. I don't know if Stan Wawrinka can win one of 2 singles (Rusedski and Murray?), while I assume Roger will win the other two singles. Then Roger/Yves doubles match could be very important.

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
If only they had converted one of those 4 match points at 6-5:(... anyways I hope Fed got some rhythm and that he'll play better tomorrow than today:)! GO FED:D!!!

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Yep he just needed the practice, but they need to improve for DC
Don't care about Swiss DC matches really but I can understand how Swiss fans feel about it.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
rofe said:
Don't care about Swiss DC matches really but I can understand how Swiss fans feel about it.
If I were a Swiss fan I would be pissed at Federer for skipping the 1r tie and sending the SUI team back to the world group playoffs. The team needed him in their opening round match so that if they win then it doesn't matter what happens later because next year they're still entered into the main draw. I foresee that if somehow GBR upsets SUI Federer won't bother with DC anymore since the team will fall even further and have to win more than one tie to qualify.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Naldo said:
If I were a Swiss fan I would be pissed at Federer for skipping the 1r tie and sending the SUI team back to the world group playoffs. The team needed him in their opening round match so that if they win then it doesn't matter what happens later because next year they're still entered into the main draw. I foresee that if somehow GBR upsets SUI Federer won't bother with DC anymore since the team will fall even further and have to win more than one tie to qualify.
:rolleyes: Feds dream is to win DC it still is, but do you really expect #1 player to play all DC ties and also participate in all the tournies. People are already calling him superhuman, if he did that he would surely be an alien :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
:rolleyes: Feds dream is to win DC it still is, but do you really expect #1 player to play all DC ties and also participate in all the tournies. People are already calling him superhuman, if he did that he would surely be an alien :lol:
Um quite frankly yes I am expecting him to compete in all the DC ties. Lots of top players do it, so why not Federer? The least he could have done was to show up and help his team win 1r so they remain in the main draw for 06 but now his team is relegated to the field just below the MD and they have to win this event just to get themselves back into the main draw for 2006. The male players take DC very seriously and a large majority of them play it. The females on the other hand tend to be selfish and just look after themselves, and that's sort of what Federer did this year (have no clue about last year don't remember).

Am I blaming him, no not really but this whole response was my responding to a previous post which was talking about responding as a Suisse fan, meaning being from Switzerland and if I was Swiss then yes I would be pissed at him for not showing up fr the 1r and didn't give a crap and only looked after himself.:p

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
How do Rusedski & Murray play on clay though? Stan plays pretty well on clay, doesn't he?
Rusedski is hopeless and we don't know too much about Murray. He won a future a year ago but his best results are on fast courts.

·
Registered
962 Posts
not to be offensive intentionally but is Allegro a really bad player? he's had some ok results with other people from memory but with Roger they never seem to do much. i realise that roger's brilliance in singles doesn't automatically equate with doubles successful but with his game i find it hard to believe he's a liability. they've done OK in Davis Cup but even there they've struggled. i think they just beat the team they lost today in 5 sets.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts