Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's never retired or defaulted a match. Truly defines Spartan. :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
wow. didn't know that. but he skipped the tournament right after the FO due to disappointment didn't he? the Halle one? but fed is without a doubt world class and has no match in his era, not even nadal(at least for now)..

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
He's withdrawn from tournies though... it's not as if he's never injured, he clearly has a very good idea of what his body can take.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well if I played as few tournaments as he does I would be lucky with injuries too...and be an ironman. The day he attends as many as Davydenko, Ferrer, Verdasco, Chela and the others lower down the list I will truly look up to #1.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, this is what I heard about Federer.

My mom is a big tennis fan and when she went down to Miami for a tournament and met a woman whom is associated with the Federer camp. The woman gave her special seats, too. She told her that asside from tennis practice that Federer does yoga and that he doesn't train with heavy weights.

In my experience yoga can prevent a lot injuries because your muscles are longer.

His movements to me are very fuild and I suspect that he is a yogi. There is a certain look (overall yoga body type) that he resembles....When he won wimbledon one year (at least) he went into a recling hero postures. Supta Virasana.

I really don't know if it is true, but this is what she told me when she got back from Miami...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

My mom is a big tennis fan and when she went down to Miami for a tournament and met a woman whom is associated with the Federer camp. The woman gave her special seats, too. She told her that asside from tennis practice that Federer does yoga and that he doesn't train with heavy weights.

In my experience yoga can prevent a lot injuries because your muscles are longer.

His movements to me are very fuild and I suspect that he is a yogi. There is a certain look (overall yoga body type) that he resembles....When he won wimbledon one year (at least) he went into a recling hero postures. Supta Virasana.

I really don't know if it is true, but this is what she told me when she got back from Miami...
Could you please elaborate on the Supta-Virasana bit? What was the pose he made after winning?

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
Well if I played as few tournaments as he does I would be lucky with injuries too...and be an ironman. The day he attends as many as Davydenko, Ferrer, Verdasco, Chela and the others lower down the list I will truly look up to #1.
Federer played more matches than anyone else in the atp last year (97).

From now on he is Jesus "Ironman" Federer.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts

I think he does ballet. ;)

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Federer gets "lucky" with injuries because he plans his schedule well and plays a style that isn't hard on his body. He has still got injured which included him skipping the indoor season in 04 and 05.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts

Forget about the retarded thread starter but at least the information you provided is interesting. If he is indeed doing Yoga that could be one possible explanation for his litheness on court. I am a fan of Yoga so hey the more people doing Yoga, the better. :)

1 - 20 of 158 Posts