9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good solid match, apart from the as usual awful BP conversion rate :help:

He needs to be on top of his game tomorrow against Fat Dave :armed:

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Good serving from Federer. :)

At least Kiefer didn't get broken due to being too nice, when he could have aimed that one shot at Federer's body (Federer got to the passing shot attempt and won the point). ;).

Good week for Kiwi. :yeah:

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
Federer blew some, but Kiefer was very aggresive in is BPs.

Federer hasnt lost serve in this tournament so far, I think this might change tomorrow.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Kiefer saved the BP more than Fed lost them. Solid play by Roger and good to see Kiefer back. Kiwi's volleys :drool:. Hoping to see a superb match tomorrow against Nalbo. Should be fun.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Fed 2/12 on BP. Kiefer played very well to save them, but fed also made some strange decisions.
Kiefer was really good, I enjoyed the match. Some phenomenal shots on both sides.
Still, good luck to Nalby in the finals!

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
70% of the BP's were just good aggressive play from kiefer. 30% were blown due to him missing some and being passive on others.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, what is it with Fed and BP conversions? :eek: Did Kiefer step it up on BPs or did Fed just blow them?
To Kiwi's credit he gave almost nothing away on those BP's. He either hit good solid deep shots keeping Federer pinned to the back of the court, then came in to finish the point off at the net. He also varied it by serving and volleying every now and then.

There were some foolish errors of course on some of the BP's from Roger but for the most part Kiefer did well. My only qualm against Roger is that he played good points pushing the play during the Kiefer service game but on the BP's reverted to a more passive game waiting for Kiefer to make the mistakes which did not come.

If he does the same against Dave tomorrow he will be in trouble.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Kiefer saved the BP more than Fed lost them. Solid play by Roger and good to see Kiefer back. Kiwi's volleys :drool:. Hoping to see a superb match tomorrow against Nalbo. Should be fun.
That easy volley at 4:4, 0:15 (IIRC) was :rolleyes: . Right into the net.
And in the first set, he handed Federer the break with a df. But I won't complain that much, since he saved so many.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Good solid match, apart from the as usual awful BP conversion rate :help:

He needs to be on top of his game tomorrow against Fat Dave :armed:
I think Kiefer deserves quite a bit of the credits for Fed not being able to convert so many BPs - he played very well indeed when having to defend those BPs. Not unlike Lopez yesterday, BTW. ;)

Anyway, solid-but-nothing-special match from Fed, though there were quite a few amazing shots in the second set. And of course, very good serving by Fed - it looks like that his serve is by now by far the shot that brings him the most points, at least on HC. Call it a regular day at the office for Fed.

Looking forward to the final, I expect it to be a great match! :D

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
go dave

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Good win for Federer and good tournament for Kiefer. Will be very interesting to see how Nalbandian tackles a Federer serve which has been rock solid throughout this tournament.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Never in doubt Rogelio.

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
Ugh, awful BP conversion %. Pathetic as always.

If Fed had a decent BP conversion % he would have won Roland Garros this year.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts