Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an interview in the Swiss Newspaper with Roger after the Gonzales defeat.

He seemed like a very good looser saying Gonzales had some sick shots and that his Bh killed him.
He also said he thinks it is nonsense that he wins macthes in the dressing Room. he rather thinks the opposite that like Gonzales today or Roddick at the US open have shown, players have nothing to loose against him and therefore can risk a lot more.

He said he knows his performances in Madrid Basel and Paris sucked and he also knows the reasons for it. But did't say more about it. he also added that some people may think he is not as strong as he used to be but he thinks that is not true an that he will try to show this tournament and next year.

overall he seemed very motivated and aggressiv for next season. Good signs for Fed Fans I would say!

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
do you have the link????

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, just have the newspaper in my hands;)

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
There was an interview in the Swiss Newspaper with Roger after the Gonzales defeat.

He seemed like a very good looser saying Gonzales had some sick shots and that his Bh killed him.
He also said he thinks it is nonsense that he wins macthes in the dressing Room. he rather thinks the opposite that like Gonzales today or Roddick at the US open have shown, players have nothing to loose against him and therefore can risk a lot more.

He said he knows his performances in Madrid Basel and Paris sucked and he also knows the reasons for it. But did't say more about it. he also added that some people may think he is not as strong as he used to be but he thinks that is not true an that he will try to show this tournament and next year.

overall he seemed very motivated and aggressiv for next season. Good signs for Fed Fans I would say!

:wavey:
I don`t understand why FED said that his performances @ Madrid & Basel sucked:confused:
okay he lost the final @ Madrid, but he played pretty well leading up to that match.
>>then he won Basel, only losing one set, so why would he say he "sucked" there:confused:

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
i hope he can pull himself together
anyway thank you for the article

good for him for knowing the reason for his bad performance hope he can solve his problem soon

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:wavey:
I don`t understand why FED said that his performances @ Madrid & Basel sucked:confused:
okay he lost the final @ Madrid, but he played pretty well leading up to that match.
>>then he won Basel, only losing one set, so why would he say he "sucked" there:confused:
Well he didn't directly say he sucked. his exact words were: "I can tell you, I was not happy with my performances in Madrid, Basel and Paris. And I know why I wasn't good..."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts