Mens Tennis Forums banner

What do you think?

• It´s fine to win more 2nd than 1st serves for 3 matches in a row. Don´t change your tactics Roger.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Go for it on your first serve. Maybe serve under 50% but make some aces Roger.

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, some guy say I change thread title and you asnwer with the topic.
Other thread is really bad, because of wrong title.

Federer Gonzales - Federer win first serve (73%) - Federer win second serve (75%)
Federer Davydenko - Federer win first serve (63%) - Federer win second serve (63%)
Federer Roddick - Federer win first serve (74%) - Federer win second serve (88%)

I make poll with possible answers. Hope for lot of answers.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Federer with a new serving strategy?

The last 3 matches of Roger Federer in each of them he had a very high first serve percentage as opposed to the rest of his matches this year. I also realised that he doesn´t go for his first serves so much. That result in winning more points percentagewise on second serve than on his first serve (In three matches). When was the last time somthing like this happend? Someone winning more points on second serve than on first for three matches in a row? On the other hand I think it is very stylish to hit 80% first serves in, but I doubt that it is the right strategy for him, especially with having such a good second serve to back it up.
Don´t you also think that if you don´t win more with your first serve than withy our second you should go for more on your first serve. Ok he was only broken three times so far, but his average winning percentage on his first serve is what hurts him I think. It has just been around 70%, that´s not really great.
I know there is also ther factors that are important for holding serve, but in the end it is about the service winners and good positions you can get and I think he should risk more.
your opinions?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
Re: Federer with a new serving strategy?

wow, how did you manage to learn english in 2 hours? :eek:

:p

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts

I 2nd that. A few hours ago he struggled expressing most basic ideas and constructing simple 3-word sentences. And now this. Ahh, the wonders of the Internet...

·
Registered
3,459 Posts

I have dictionary no?
Dictionary is useless in this context, you can't learn how to construct proper sentences from a dictionary alone. My bet is that you are in fact the boy's older brother/sister/whatever. Not the same person at any rate.

Or you got sober in the meantime. :devil:

There are plenty of possible explanations. Why don't you just reveal the right one for us? ;)

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts

Ok, some guy say I change thread title and you asnwer with the topic.
Other thread is really bad, because of wrong title.

Federer Gonzales - Federer win first serve (73%) - Federer win second serve (75%)
Federer Davydenko - Federer win first serve (63%) - Federer win second serve (63%)
Federer Roddick - Federer win first serve (74%) - Federer win second serve (88%)

I make poll with possible answers. Hope for lot of answers.
How make poll by the way?
The last 3 matches of Roger Federer in each of them he had a very high first serve percentage as opposed to the rest of his matches this year. I also realised that he doesn´t go for his first serves so much. That result in winning more points percentagewise on second serve than on his first serve (In three matches). When was the last time somthing like this happend? Someone winning more points on second serve than on first for three matches in a row? On the other hand I think it is very stylish to hit 80% first serves in, but I doubt that it is the right strategy for him, especially with having such a good second serve to back it up.
Don´t you also think that if you don´t win more with your first serve than withy our second you should go for more on your first serve. Ok he was only broken three times so far, but his average winning percentage on his first serve is what hurts him I think. It has just been around 70%, that´s not really great.
I know there is also ther factors that are important for holding serve, but in the end it is about the service winners and good positions you can get and I think he should risk more.
your opinions?

Rafa is a quick learner. :cool:
I have dictionary no?

:haha: :haha:

This was PRICELESS comedy... I love MTF.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts