Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. Does this loss change your plans for the rest of the clay court season?
ROGER FEDERER: Not really. I mean, I'm going to go back to Switzerland and practice really hard, you know, from whatever the plan's going to be from tonight on until Istanbul. That's, again, a good time I should utilize in the right way. I'm looking forward to that.
I'm playing Istanbul, Madrid. We'll always see what happens with Rome. It was never sure I was going to play that anyway.
And then

Q. If you were a promoter in Rome, do you think it would be better for them that you do very well in Istanbul and Madrid or very bad?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, they can do nothing about it.

Q. I know.
ROGER FEDERER: Right. What they shouldn't do is fake the crowds out. That's what they shouldn't do.

THE MODERATOR: Questions in French.
A quick bite there by the terrier Federer calling out tournaments for faking out crowds by promoting the player, the player is unsure, and then they pull out and the director pulls the fans against him

Some experience with this he has

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Re: Federer: "I'm playing Istanbul, Madrid. We'll see what going on with Rome"

click bait title.

·
Registered
993 Posts

He do not play in Rome, and in RG if the draw put him in the same side of Rafa he will lose son and save energie to the grass season.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts

He do not play in Rome, and in RG if the draw put him in the same side of Rafa he will lose son and save energie to the grass season.
And if he gets Murray he will lose daughter?

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

We gonna see what's going on

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

I salute his working morale, "practicing really hard" Rare to have that kind of hunger in his age.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts

Is Fed on the entry list for Rome? If he is not sure to play there then he shouldn't on the list and pull out so that the tourney directors cannot do PR with him. Fed would get a WC if he later decides to play Rome anyway and always at the last minute.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts

Why not just playing Madrid and Rome instead of Istanbul ? :confused:

·
Banned
11,640 Posts

2 million dollars.

Is Fed on the entry list for Rome? If he is not sure to play there then he shouldn't on the list and pull out so that the tourney directors cannot do PR with him. Fed would get a WC if he later decides to play Rome anyway and always at the last minute.
He is. Probably will pull out in last minute :lol:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

IMO he should play Istanbul+Madrid+Rome if he fails to go at least to the semis of Madrid, if that happens then I see no reason why he shouldn't play all three. He will only play 4 matches maximum at Istanbul anyway.

·
F***ing have it
17,602 Posts
IMO he should play Istanbul+Madrid+Rome if he fails to go at least to the semis of Madrid, if that happens then I see no reason why he shouldn't play all three. He will only play 4 matches maximum at Istanbul anyway.
:yeah: I believe that too. If he loses early in Madrid he should play

·
Premium Member
8,410 Posts

Because he has a better chance of winning Istanbul than Madrid and Rome.

·
Registered
29,237 Posts

Because he has a better chance of winning Istanbul than Madrid and Rome.
Not an explanation. What use is winning small titles for a guy like Federer.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

2M+250 points is better than 100k+160 points. :)

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

Fed just says I have done a lot for the game already and now i will do whatever i am pleased. Do not use my name just to sell the game. They thought he skipped Miami just to win MC . Well he told that it is not true and he will not change his plans because of this loss. Federer even does not care for his ranking any more. Tomorrow he could retire if he likes and no one will going to stop him. But game will lose a lot. There is no competition.
No great rivalries.No young players. It is a huge mess right now.
It will get even worse. I like to know what Fed thinks about the state of the game. Maybe if you guys can allow that to happen in Women tennis then watch out what would happen in Men tennis. Because by now Men tennis is way more attractive but if you get matches as Women Final in Miami in Men tennis as well then how the game will keep interest in public?! Women GS' Finals are joke for real competition and only great Final was Men Final at Wimbeldon last year. If it is going on like that soon the game will lose some sponsors.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

His scheduling is utterly pathetic this year and it will be the undoing of him

starting to look like he cares more about money and it disappoints me to say it

he shouldn't be questioning the Roma tournament directors because it's a Masters 1000 event - a MANDATORY event, of course they will be promoting him unless he takes his name off the list, it's pathetic that he should question then when he's the one dangling his commitment

Federer seems more interested promoting himself, maybe if the Italians put on a MOET sponsored exho before Roma starts, Roger would be interested.

·
Registered
312 Posts
He should realize how much Italians are obsessed with him and not be a dick to his fans here... Doesn't surprise me though.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 20 of 52 Posts