Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer: "If you look at the pictures of Edberg, Becker, there were some colours"

Seven time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer has joined the list of players who think that Wimbledon’s all white attire is too strict and needs to be relaxed a bit.

Federer said in a recent interview, "We're all white. White, white, full-on white. I think it's very strict. My personal opinion, I think it's too strict. If you look at the pictures of Edberg, Becker, there were some colours, you know, but it was 'all white'. “

“But I respect. I understand. Maybe one day they'll loosen up the grip again a bit, but that's the time we go through right now."

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Re: Federer: "If you look at the pictures of Edberg, Becker, there were some colours"

Seven time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer has joined the list of players who think that Wimbledon’s all white attire is too strict and needs to be relaxed a bit.

Federer said in a recent interview, "We're all white. White, white, full-on white. I think it's very strict. My personal opinion, I think it's too strict. If you look at the pictures of Edberg, Becker, there were some colours, you know, but it was 'all white'. “

“But I respect. I understand. Maybe one day they'll loosen up the grip again a bit, but that's the time we go through right now."

interesting

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Re: Federer: "If you look at the pictures of Edberg, Becker, there were some colours"

I love the all white of Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

Now this is getting annoying.

I am a Federer fan but ffs all of you whining divas just stfu. You don't set the rules at Wimbledon and that's the way it should be.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

love that racquet of Bobo.

The grip and stance on that volley both look a bit strange tho.

Great pic.

As for the topic - blah, doesn't matter at all ffs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

I like it all white but that's me. I like to focus on tennis, not what players are wearing. Some outfits at other slams are simply hideous. We'll never completely agree about this.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts

Gargoylerer should just focus on the game.

·
Registered
184 Posts

That's because the all-white rule was tightened in 1995.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

This is just Nike putting pressure on Federer to put pressure on the the All England Club to change their dress code.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

This is just Nike putting pressure on Federer to put pressure on the the All England Club to change their dress code.
Exactly, I was going to say that. I can't imagine Federer will care about this at all, especially when preparing for his semifinal, which is slightly more important. Sponsors do care though. These rules make it hard for them to stand out and show their new designs.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

Heya was banned because she spoke the truth about Fed/Rodduck and refused to drink the Fed Kool-aid.

I think the white looks great but I'd never bother to bring up dress code as a topic of discussion. Most people couldn't be bothered with something so trivial. Even fewer are smug enough to criticize the traditions of a century old institution in the heart of Europe.

Enter Smuggerer...

Fed's taste is so cutting edge he broke up the monotonous white with some tasteful gold glitter and a matching gold man-bag while the world laughed at him because he looked like an eccentric but common interior painter lol.

Vain
Out of touch
Unfunny
Uneducated
Bad taste
Bad face

Now the "I" part of the Fed dictionary:

Incurious
Impolite
Isolent
Interfering
Inappropriate
Impertinent
Ill-mannered
Ingrate - criticizes an institution that made him rich
Insufferable

Other than that he's a great guy :spit:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

Heya was banned because she spoke the truth about Fed/Rodduck and refused to drink the Fed Kool-aid.

I think the white looks great but I'd never bother to bring up dress code as a topic of discussion. Most people couldn't be bothered with something so trivial. Even fewer are smug enough to criticize the traditions of a century old institution in the heart of Europe.

Enter Smuggerer...

Fed's taste is so cutting edge he broke up the monotonous white with some tasteful gold glitter and a matching gold man-bag while the world laughed at him because he looked like an eccentric but common interior painter lol.

Vain
Out of touch
Unfunny
Uneducated
Bad taste
Bad face

Incurious
Impolite
Isolent
Interfering
Inappropriate
Ill-mannered

Not a patch on Heya.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

What is this obsession with wearing all white? The KKK also wore all white. Let people add some color. Something. Something small. The fact is Wimbledon organizers treat players like cattle. And they are very creepy for checking what women are wearing under. A couple of players have already called that creepy. Something is very wrong here.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

Exactly, I was going to say that. I can't imagine Federer will care about this at all, especially when preparing for his semifinal, which is slightly more important. Sponsors do care though. These rules make it hard for them to stand out and show their new designs.
Yeah Fed's prostituted himself for years in the name of materialism. Money trumps tradition for Fed, it even trumps his own values and worldview (if he's even taken the time to form one).

3,728 Posts

The all white tradition stays whilst the evil Spanish Armada turns the courts to clay behind everyone's back

·
Registered
857 Posts

Enter Smuggerer...

Vain
Out of touch
Unfunny
Uneducated
Bad taste
Bad face

Incurious
Impolite
Isolent
Interfering
Inappropriate
Impertinent
Ill-mannered
Ingrate - criticizes an institution that made him rich
Insufferable

Holy moley.. saying this stuff with Raonic in your avatar is so hypocritical, it's almost unreal. :eek:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

Holy moley.. saying this stuff with Raonic in your avatar is so hypocritical, it's almost unreal. :eek:
Clear as mud. I'm no mind-reader.

What's wrong with Milos?

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

Already resorting to reposting comments. Decline has started already.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

Eventually someone will post a clear and direct comment. I'm sure of it.

·
Banned
558 Posts

Intresting that Federer is challenging Wimbledon on this. If anyone can convince the AELTC to make changes its Federer. The all white looks nice. The colors inclusion like the Becker lotto shirt just doesn't look right for Wimbledon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts