Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer on Facebook: "I have always had the utmost respect for my friend Rafa as a person and as a champion. As my greatest rival over many years, I believe we have pushed each other to become better players. Therefore, it is a true honor for me to congratulate him on his 20th Grand Slam victory. It is especially amazing that he has now won Roland Garros an incredible 13 times, which is one of the greatest achievements in sport. I also congratulate his team, because nobody can do this alone. I hope 20 is just another step on the continuing journey for both of us. Well done, Rafa. You deserve it."

Translation: I'm far from done, fuckers.

Also, he never would have written this lines for Djokovic.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Federer on Facebook: "I have always had the utmost respect for my friend Rafa as a person and as a champion. As my greatest rival over many years, I believe we have pushed each other to become better players. Therefore, it is a true honor for me to congratulate him on his 20th Grand Slam victory. It is especially amazing that he has now won Roland Garros an incredible 13 times, which is one of the greatest achievements in sport. I also congratulate his team, because nobody can do this alone. I hope 20 is just another step on the continuing journey for both of us. Well done, Rafa. You deserve it."

Roger can win W every year if he wants, he always has a shot.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
16,155 Posts

·
Registered
16,155 Posts

·
23,473 Posts
I think when the two were injured for a while and kinda loosened their rivalry, I think they truly solidified their friendship, if it truly was genuine early on -- I think Fed and Nadal would be happy if either won Slams even against each other, because I think it's already surreal that both are still trying to win big titles.

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
Tennis legends and best in history, unlike that one dimensional mug from Serbia who inflates his count with chokes and flukes.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
has federer ever pushed nadal to become a better player?maybe not so much as djokovic 🤷‍♀️
Sure, many times since 2005, most recently and certainly in 2017. They pushed each other to new heights.

But many others also over the years, not only Novak, Stan, and Andy; they are too numerous to count in the field of competitors. Davydenko, Delpo, Roddick, Nalbandian, Verdasco, Soderling, etc.
We should respect almost all of them, and I'm sure RAFA and Roger would agree.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Yes very nice from Roger to say these things to his old pal Nadal

Djokovic now clearly behind both with lots of work to do

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Fed kept blocking Nadal for a while at slams outside RG.
two Wimbledon wins,wow so much blocking
even taking that into account,one can easily see that nadal did not change his tactic a bit,he just tries harder and finally won with his own style

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Oh Fed at 40 with bad wheels thinks he still has a chance. Not unless he gets MUG draws and avoids both Djoker and Nadal throughout. Maybe.. But then you got big hitters like Sissy who can take him down too and thiem

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sure, many times since 2005, most recently and certainly in 2017. They pushed each other to new heights.

But many others also over the years, not only Novak, Stan, and Andy; they are too numerous to count in the field of competitors. Davydenko, Delpo, Roddick, Nalbandian, Verdasco, Soderling, etc.
We should respect almost all of them, and I'm sure RAFA and Roger would agree.

Respectfully,
masterclass
rafa surely would not agree,but humbalito would

rafa cares about the one and only Djokovic,ever since 2011

yes federer owns nadal since 2017,did you see any panic in his eyes?none. have you noticed how joyful he was when he beat fed again in RG 2019? no, because it was all too familiar to him

he wants the beat downs like 2020 RG final to heal his wound, to compensate his painful past

Federer at the end of the day,is nobody to rafa,someone who lives in his shadow

1 - 20 of 176 Posts