Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Kyrgios (big chance), no Murray (at least in good form), no great grasscounters between youngsters (Tsitsipas still is green)!

Wawrinka is bad on grass. Del Potro is injured. Nadal - don't sure he is contender for Wimblendon now.

Only Djoker - but he can decline in 2021 even more than in 2020!

All in decline: Dimitrov, Kolshreiber, Mayer, Karlovic, Isner, Monfils.

Berdich and Mahut retired)

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
No Kyrgios (big chance), no Murray (at least in good form), no great grasscounters between youngsters (Tsitsipas still is green)!

Wawrinka is bad on grass. Del Potro is injured. Nadal - don't sure he is contender for Wimblendon now.

Wimbledon is about 7/8 months away. How could you possibly know The King won’t be in good form.
He could be dominating the tour for all we know

·
Registered
337 Posts
The following still active players have beaten Federer on grass:

Djokovic
Nadal
Anderson
Coric
Raonic
Zverev
Thiem
Stakhovsky (lol)
Haas
Murray
Tsonga

I wouldn't bet against at least 3/4 of them being able to beat him again, not to mention a couple of the youngsters. Federer is an old man after all.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
nah, Federer might do okay but im not looking past the AO yet, we dont know how fit he is let alone whether hes in grand slam contention

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mirka, leave him alone, stop forcing the old man to keep playing. Don’t you already have enough cheeseburgers that money can buy?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The following still active players have beaten Federer on grass:

Djokovic
Nadal
Anderson
Coric
Raonic
Zverev
Thiem
Stakhovsky (lol)
Haas
Murray
Tsonga

I wouldn't bet against at least 3/4 of them being able to beat him again, not to mention a couple of the youngsters. Federer is an old man after all.
None of them except Faker will be able to beat him at Wimby. You really think Federer goes all out at fuckin mickey mouse Halle? Federer would never lose to some talentless nipple twister like Coric at Wimby.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
What drugs are you using? Cannot wait for these 7 months.

·
Registered
337 Posts
None of them except Faker will be able to beat him at Wimby. You really think Federer goes all out at fuckin mickey mouse Halle? Federer would never lose to some talentless nipple twister like Coric at Wimby.
I mean he lost to Stakhovsky at Wimbledon. Raonic, Anderson and Tsonga have all beaten him there too.

This isn't Nadal at RG. Federer has shown he's vulnerable at Wimbledon and that's even before he was closing in on 40.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wimbledon is about 7/8 months away. How could you possibly know The King won’t be in good form.
He could be dominating the tour for all we know
I was very sad when Zeballos left court.

Andy is old for good tennis you know it but there really are HOLE in tennis right now (STILL green youngsters with not that great defence skills and variaty). May be Andy can use it for his favour and who knows even can WIN SLAM?

He still have chance... Very small one yes... But

At least he can win match on Slam I'm sure 100%.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I mean he lost to Stakhovsky at Wimbledon. Raonic, Anderson and Tsonga have all beaten him there too.

This isn't Nadal at RG. Federer has shown he's vulnerable at Wimbledon and that's even before he was closing in on 40.
Yeah but that’s before all those players got injured and declined more than Federer has. I’m sure Federer will still turn into 40-15erer at some point.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
3 finals vs. Djokovic; 2014 F loss to Djokovic, 2015 F loss to Djokovic, 2016 SF loss to Raonic, 2017 won over Cilic, 2018 QF loss to Anderson, 2019 F loss to Djokovic, and 2020 absent. 2013 lost to Stakhovsky 2R, and 2012 won over Djokovic in SF and Mugray in the F.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Never rule out the Swiss. It all depends on the knee.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts