Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'm not worried about Fed. I think we all know that after his "operation" and "recovery" he has a good chance to again reach his new peak at Wimbledon 2020. And from JesusFed 2020 Wimbledon edition I expect nothing less but refreshed footwork, infinite stamina, supreme servebotting and almost unreal groundstrokes.

Reactions: A_Skywalker

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not worried about Fed. I think we all know that after his "operation" and "recovery" he has a good chance to again reach his new peak at Wimbledon 2020. And from JesusFed 2020 Wimbledon edition I expect nothing less but refreshed footwork, infinite stamina, supreme servebotting and almost unreal groundstrokes.
in 39 years old?????

·
11,024 Posts
Malvin you are a borderline troll, but then I forget you are serious.

Reactions: n00b

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Reactions: A_Skywalker

·
|
14,939 Posts
I think Federer was a point away from leading 5-3 in the 1st Set vs. Djokovic, or from leading 5-2?
Either way, that set was not on Djokovic's racquet at all.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
It was on Federers racquet as his fans and he like to say, and again, he lost.

What use is if its on your racquet and you lose time after time, i wonder...and what does it say about you and your racquet

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
It was on Federers racquet as his fans and he like to say, and again, he lost.

What use is if its on your racquet and you lose time after time, i wonder...and what does it say about you and your racquet
Yeah his mentality is his weakest point, which is a good thing for tennis. Otherwise he would have 35 Slams based on the talent difference between him and Nadovic.

On the OPs point, I don't think there's been a huge decline, considering his age. Millman seems to be a jinx for him, and it was only because of injury he had problems v Sandgren. Even then he pulls out an historic 7 MP resurrection, which is a nice memory.

But what level he can reach after this latest setback is anyone's guess. His chances of winning another Slam are below 20% I believe.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah his mentality is his weakest point, which is a good thing for tennis. Otherwise he would have 35 Slams based on the talent difference between him and Nadovic.

On the OPs point, I don't think there's been a huge decline, considering his age. Millman seems to be a jinx for him, and it was only because of injury he had problems v Sandgren. Even then he pulls out an historic 7 MP resurrection, which is a nice memory.

But what level he can reach after this latest setback is anyone's guess. His chances of winning another Slam are below 20% I believe.
I hope Federer will win GS again! Even with decline. Even with super decline. He must make it! To show Thiem what mean real tennis player!

·
11,024 Posts
Malvinn he has been in decline since 2007/2008.

He has had small glimpses of great play but nothing amazing

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So when is the OP going to be banned?
Roger was very bad in 2020 by his normal standarts! And on AO there was very very strange matches. I think it's massive decline. Why you think I don't right?

0 sets against Novak also: 0-3.

·
11,024 Posts
So when is the OP going to be banned?
Cant ban for bizarre beliefs and opinions... if MTF banned for all the outrageous opinions and people who will die by these opinions, then the forum would be empty.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cant ban for bizarre beliefs and opinions... if MTF banned for all the outrageous opinions and people who will die by these opinions, then the forum would be empty.
Sorry. May be I don't right! It was QUESTION! SF YES. But SF since weak field really!

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Roger was very bad in 2020 by his normal standarts! And on AO there was very very strange matches. I think it's massive decline. Why you think I don't right?

0 sets against Novak also: 0-3.
Your thread is stupid.

He has played one tournament and reached the semi-final. He also did that in 2005, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016. He reached the 4th round last year, so improved upon his performance from the previous year. Furthermore, he's been straight-setted three times in Australian Open semi-finals, dating as far back as 2008, being straight-setted by Novak Djokovic.

It really is par.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
He is just past midway through his 39th year, some additional decline here and there is expected, no? :)
Probably 95% or higher of players his age have retired or are playing challengers.

One doesn't know how many more peaks to the very top he has in him. My guess is one, but who knows?

He struggled to reach the semifinal of a major in the only tournament he has played since last beating Djokovic at the Tour Finals in November.
Too bad he was hampered by injury this time around.

Only His supreme greatness is keeping him somewhere near the top, as it did with greats like B.Tilden, P.Gonzales, K.Rosewall before him.

Don't count him out yet, MLA, the rest may do him good, but don't expect too many more miracles.

Respectfully,
masterclass

1 - 20 of 20 Posts