Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I respect it. I think he's doing great against me," 16-time Grand Slam champion Federer said after his 6-7 (5), 6-2, 7-6 (5), 6-4 defeat in the Australian Open semifinals. "It is what it is. At the end I care about my titles, if I'm happy or not as a person. Head-to-heads for me, I mean, are not the most important. If I beat Andre [Agassi] 10 times in a row or Lleyton [Hewitt] many times in a row, at the end of the day I don't care. I remember the matches on that given day, that I played well against them or not, and I don't remember the head-to-head that much. All I know is that we've played many times, and either comes my way or his way. Rallies have gone a little bit more his way obviously."

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=16095&zoneid=6

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Roger is clearly worried about his legacy, seeing how he is trying to downplay the H2H. If he is sincerely okay with it, then good. But I have a feeling that a competitor on his level is really burning inside because of it. It will definitely matter a lot more to fans of the game than he is saying it matters to him.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Roger is clearly worried about his legacy, seeing how he is trying to downplay the H2H. If he is sincerely okay with it, then good. But I have a feeling that a competitor on his level is really burning inside because of it. It will definitely matter a lot more to fans of the game than he is saying it matters to him.
How does Roddick feel about his H2H with Fed?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
It matters quite a bit, since Nadal isn't some guy that you just meet in the third round of a grand slam every now and then. He knows it, his fans know it, and the tennis world has taken it as a fact too.

Nothing wrong with it, it just proves that you can't distinguish a certain player as best of all time since none has been throughly dominant against their main rivals.

Only guy that has an undisputable resume is perhaps Nadal on clay. Beyond that, there are a lot of asterisks from this generation.

In the end perhaps the most important will be that Federer, Nadal and Djokovic will go into the history books among the Top 5-6 players of all time. (IMO).

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
If Nadal wins 4 or 5 slams more, specially in an era with more opposition than Federer's one, then his h2h will be very relevant. This is the main reason why FedFads are so terrified when they see the possibility of Nadal taking Slams in a good pace in the next years. Sometimes I feel sorry for them. Fear is a hell of feeling to have.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Fedtardism is when you believe that Roddick, a handicapped Hewitt, an Argentinian burguer eater, a Russian playboy and a teenager Nadal are a great oppossition :eek:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
head to head records certainly matter in slams.

fed would probably be sitting on 24 slams or more if the clay warrior had not come along.

similarly nadal would have 5 more slams had fed and nole not come along.

and no telling how many more slams nole would have already had had fed and nadal not existed.

so head to head matters greatly in slams.

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
More opposition than Federer? Anyone who claims that should have their brain examined. The investigation will probably find there isn't one to be checked.
So you say winning titles against the likes of Roddick and Hewitt is harder than winning against Djokovic, Murray, Berdych, Soderling, Tsonga....?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
How does Roddick feel about his H2H with Fed?

I am sure Roddick would not care even a tiny bit about his H2H if he could win some more slams instead.

If Roddick had an option of lets say lose the next 10 matches to Federer or win 1 Grand slam vs. Win the next 10 matches vs Fed but 0 GS. Which do you think he would take... or any other player for that matter.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
If Nadal wins 4 or 5 slams more, specially in an era with more opposition than Federer's one, then his h2h will be very relevant. This is the main reason why FedFads are so terrified when they see the possibility of Nadal taking Slams in a good pace in the next years. Sometimes I feel sorry for them. Fear is a hell of feeling to have.
cant speak for them but i for one want nadal to stop winning GS because he's a disgrace to tennis. his persona and his style style are disgusting. every match he wins sinks tennis to new depths.

the sooner he retires, the better it is for the sport

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
why dont you start following bass fishing abraxquach since you are so miserable?

it is much simpler to follow:

1. bif catches a fish
2. bubba catches a fish
3. joe sixpack catches a fish
4. they then weigh the 3 fish

get the picture? so easy and so little stress.

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
why dont you start following bass fishing abraxquach since you are so miserable?

it is much simpler to follow:

1. bif catches a fish
2. bubba catches a fish
3. joe sixpack catches a fish
4. they then weigh the 3 fish

get the picture? so easy and so little stress.
Haha, you owned him hard.
This guy is so full of hate, a fishing contest really would help him for his nerves.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
cant speak for them but i for one want nadal to stop winning GS because he's a disgrace to tennis. his persona and his style style are disgusting. every match he wins sinks tennis to new depths.

the sooner he retires, the better it is for the sport

·
Registered
104 Posts
Roddick and Hewitt over Berdych, Soderling and Tsonga, worse than Nole and equal with Murray.
This.

Some people have a memory like a fish. Also in 2000s there were much better players at top 10 than today's top 10. Top 4 can easily reach SF, if they don't choke. Ferrer is #5 and he never a danger in slams. Tsonga and Berdych are ok but the rest of top 10 are hilarious. (Almagro, Tipsarevic, Fish :facepalm:)

At the and of their career, slam titles will be important; not H2H's. Federer doesn't have more than 16 slams because of his matchup against Nadal. He pays it in that way.

1 - 20 of 422 Posts