Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which GS would you prefer that Fed wins in 2012?

• Australian Open

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • French Open

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Wimbledon

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • US Open

Votes: 3 4.4%
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
RG to make it two and shut everyone up. I would also love him to win the Aussie open for the set of 3 fives (3xAO, W, USO) or Wimbledon for his 7th.

There's so much on the line with each Fed contests, it's crazy. I would probably say RG. USO is the only one I would leave as last place preference.

Agree here. a 2nd RG would be nice..a 5th AO would be nice, and so would a 7th Wimby...SO would another USO actually so hopefully he can win 1 more of each before he retires :D

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
The only way for Olderer to win RG is if Nadal breaks his legs before the finals :wavey:

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
I think he has a good shot at AO/USO, Wimbledon might be too slow for him nowadays.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
that matters shit and you will see
Novak's level this year on clay was far better than Federer's. If he gets him next year especially before all those crazies in Paris. It will not some epic battle. Novak will roll through him on clay.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Novak's level this year on clay was far better than Federer's. If he gets him next year especially before all those crazies in Paris. It will not some epic battle. Novak will roll through him on clay.
of course....Fed fluked that RG match...he played superb but Novak was subpar and it got to him the streak and other stuff

·
Registered
244 Posts
RG.

Not only is my preference, but I also think that RG is the only GS he could win next year.

So, you know, sadly chances are really low...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Check in the Rafa, Novak or Muzza thread.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wait ... you put Muzza there. I shouldn't be laughing. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'd prefer Tsonga to win one,he has a more attractive game and has a far better record against the top 4 players than Del Potro.

I'm sorry but for now, Del Potro looks much more a one slam wonder than a multi-slams player.
If you exclude that (fluke?) GS won against a Federer who played probably his second worst match in a GS final (just after the FO 2008 final), i would say guys like Murray or even Tsonga have had better careers than Del Potro so far.
one slam wonder?
fluke?
worst match
XYZ has better career than a 22 year old player?

Mon Dieu, Yuri how did you manage to cram so much crappy, nonsensical tard clichés in so little amount of sentences? First of all not all who won one slam are one slam wonders. Doesn't apply to the likes of Delpo and Kvitova to name a few. And no, a Five setter final was not Fed's worst match. He had played worse and won slams. And of course he also had a couple of ugly slam finals he lost. In other words Yury you're talking out of your derriere.

But never mind I won't retaliate by pointing out the fact that your dearly beloved overweight one-celebration-wonder will always remain a clown and will never win anything relevant, will never achieve half of what Delpo achieved already despite massive adversity. Nor will I mention that he will never become even a one slam/one masters/one WTF wonder and in fact will not even win anything on the tour and only wakes up in the last two months of the season when half the players are dead tired or on vacation. Nor will I mention his's terrible service percentage, crappy backhand and frequent tendency to frame and shank on his forehand and hit one or two lucky lottery shots by hitting the ball as hard as possible without any precision and hope that the ball does not disappear into the net or goes out wide, which it does most of the time.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
The only way for Olderer to win RG is if Nadal breaks his legs before the finals :wavey:
Or he can use his opportunities and (deservedly) win a RG against RN. If RN plays a SF with Djoke, I can see Feds winning. I don't really care if he beats a piggy or two on his way to another RG crown :wavey:.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
That is not so bad, Federer will be 31 and only the fact that he got a good chanse if playing the greatest claycourter of all time is avoided is all good for me, how many 31 year olds still got a chanse at all in RG of all tournaments?

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
Any Slam will do (more than 1 would be great) but I chose Wimbledon. It was where it all began. It would be amazing if he won another one.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
This is based on their 2011 form let me know what you agree or disagree on:

AO 2012/slow-medium hard court: advantage Nole

FO 2012: fed leads clay h2h 3-1 with RG 2011 most recnt

Wimbledon 2012: never played but i would give the edge to fed

US open 2012: very very close with 3-2 adv to fed and really it has been his match to lose the last two years.
This one really is 50/50 toss up.

thoughts?
I agree with this. It's rather logical :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Another Roland Garros would be the best. If he gets it together enough for one match to actually finally beat Nadal in the finals, that would be the ultimate.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
do you realize how much of a moron you sound like when you say things like "if he gets him next year especially before all those crazies?" A professional athlete (especially the caliber of novak djokovic) should not be bothered by some crowd support. It is a lame excuse.

federer beat novak fair and square. Deal with it, chump

·
Registered
934 Posts
do you realize how much of a moron you sound like when you say things like "if he gets him next year especially before all those crazies?" A professional athlete (especially the caliber of novak djokovic) should not be bothered by some crowd support. It is a lame excuse.

federer beat novak fair and square. Deal with it, chump
Exactly... French crowd has a spectacular hate for Nadal but it didn't stop him from winning 6 Roland Garros and sticking it to the Parisians. Blaming the crowd is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
Difficult.

AO: 5 slams in 3 different GS events would be great plus would surpass Agassi for most titles in AO in Open Era (now both tied with 4).

RG: 2 RG so that he has 2 carreer GS.

W: 7th title to tie with Sampras.

USO: 6th title to surpass Sampras and Connors.

Very difficult to choose.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
its not difficult at all

Wimbledon is 1,000,000 better than any other major, winning that means more than the other 3 together

21 - 40 of 56 Posts