Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which GS would you prefer that Fed wins in 2012?

• Australian Open

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • French Open

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Wimbledon

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • US Open

Votes: 3 4.4%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you had a preference of 1 Slam that Fed should win in 2012, which would it be?

My vote is for Roland Garros. It is such a hard slam for anyone to win and it would say a lot about his fitness, mental aspect and tennis (point construction).

This is regardless of whether he plays Rafa in semis or finals.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Roland Garros obviously, if Nadal is out he could very well win it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
actually i think it will depend at what point in the season roger can grab that number 2 seed. He's like 1300 points from nadal now. If he can grab it before roland garros they wont put nadal and fed in the same half and there's a great chance djoker and nadal will have a 5 hour semi with djoker out on top. fed would have a huge advantage and preference in playing djoker if this happened regardless if it was a grueling match novak had fed would prefer novak on clay.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
RG to make it two and shut everyone up. I would also love him to win the Aussie open for the set of 3 fives (3xAO, W, USO) or Wimbledon for his 7th.

There's so much on the line with each Fed contests, it's crazy. I would probably say RG. USO is the only one I would leave as last place preference.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I would be happy with a grandslam for Fed and it doesn´t mind which one it should be.

I also hope for Juan Martin Del Potro to take another one. This guy has so much potential.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
actually i think it will depend at what point in the season roger can grab that number 2 seed. He's like 1300 points from nadal now. If he can grab it before roland garros they wont put nadal and fed in the same half and there's a great chance djoker and nadal will have a 5 hour semi with djoker out on top. fed would have a huge advantage and preference in playing djoker if this happened regardless if it was a grueling match novak had fed would prefer novak on clay.
only way he could win

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
AO - to make at least 5 titles at each of 3 Grand Slams: AO, Wimby and USO

·
Banned
129 Posts
AO or RG...:)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I would be happy with a grandslam for Fed and it doesn´t mind which one it should be.

I also hope for Juan Martin Del Potro to take another one. This guy has so much potential.
I'd prefer Tsonga to win one,he has a more attractive game and has a far better record against the top 4 players than Del Potro.

I'm sorry but for now, Del Potro looks much more a one slam wonder than a multi-slams player.
If you exclude that (fluke?) GS won against a Federer who played probably his second worst match in a GS final (just after the FO 2008 final), i would say guys like Murray or even Tsonga have had better careers than Del Potro so far.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Maybe but roger has the advantage on clay even over a well rested novak since nole no longer has his movement advantage and the new babolat balls are fed's new best friend.
I disagree .....sure he beat him at this RG but that is an exception not the rule...Novak will beat Fed on clay with far less problem than on hard

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I disagree .....sure he beat him at this RG but that is an exception not the rule...Novak will beat Fed on clay with far less problem than on hard
This is based on their 2011 form let me know what you agree or disagree on:

AO 2012/slow-medium hard court: advantage Nole

FO 2012: fed leads clay h2h 3-1 with RG 2011 most recnt

Wimbledon 2012: never played but i would give the edge to fed

US open 2012: very very close with 3-2 adv to fed and really it has been his match to lose the last two years.
This one really is 50/50 toss up.

thoughts?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Me thinks NOT! but I understand your point of view since he is your country hero...doesn't deserve the STATUE though...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fed is 3-1 vs. Novak on clay. As of now it is the rule :wavey:.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 56 Posts