Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"...I feel refreshed and relaxed now as I haven't been practising at all." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7251737.stm

Sure, he needed to get over his illness and the defeat to Nole...but 3 weeks? Couldn't he have had a few light hitting sessions? :awww:

It's unlikely he will start to lose to just anyone, but it seems pretty clear that the gap on him is closing...quickly. :shrug: Dubai starts in less than a week, and look at the quality of the field! :eek: :help:

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Re: If this isn't arrogant, I don't know what is (FEDERER)...

it's obvious he is arrogant, it would be hard not to be being who he is. In this case, however, who cares. It's probably FACT, not ARROGANCE.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

...I'm sure this will go down as well as a fart in a crowded lift with many of the (Rafa)-tards here. :devil: Time to commence the flame-wars...the GOAT returns in a week! :rocker2:

"...I feel refreshed and relaxed now as I haven't been practising at all." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7251737.stm

...and yet he is expecting to come back and reassert authority? :help: :p
Maybe he wanted a bit of a rest after the gruelling Australian episode with the virus and has let himself get back to full fitness before he starts working again ready for Dubai?

In any case.

Arrogance isn't "I haven't practised, so I feel fresh." That is fact.

Arrogance would be "I haven't practised and I don't need to, they can't beat me so I'm not worried."

So yes, you don't know what is :hatoff:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts

I don't find this one arrogant at all (for a change from previous ones). :devil:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

I agree with scoobs, you don't know what arrogant is. There is nothing in that article that is arrogant.

But thanks for playing. I'm sure we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

its not arrogant but its typical of his attitude to tennis lately

soon he'll be playing 10 tournaments a year :rolleyes:

well dont let tennis get in the way of his awards and exhibitions :rolleyes:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

I do agree, though, that he needs to get down to some bloody hard work now. If he thinks it's going to come easy for him this year, then I think he's in for more unpleasant surprises.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts

Maybe he wanted a bit of a rest after the gruelling Australian episode with the virus and has let himself get back to full fitness before he starts working again ready for Dubai?
Please don't try to make sense on GM ;)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Ah... here we go again. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

Yeah, getting food poisoning, losing how much weight?, taking a few trips to the hospital and not defending a slam title are the worst possible reasons to take some time off and recover completely to prepare for the Spring hardcourt and clay seasons. Shit Roger, what an amateur you are.

Reactions: Eden

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

Yeah, getting food poisoning, losing how much weight?, taking a few trips to the hospital and not defending a slam title are the worst possible reasons to take some time off and recover completely to prepare for the Spring hardcourt and clay seasons. Shit Roger, what an amateur you are.
Not to say I'm entirely happy with him sometimes - he seems to think a bit too much these days that he can just wing it and it'll continue to work out.

I think the period of that happening is well over now, and he will need to start working increasingly hard again to get the same returns as he used to get.

And he needs to get down to it.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts

Not to say I'm entirely happy with him sometimes - he seems to think a bit too much these days that he can just wing it and it'll continue to work out.

I think the period of that happening is well over now, and he will need to start working increasingly hard again to get the same returns as he used to get.

I agree with you in a way, it does seam as if he would push himself a little more.

But OTOH this schedule allows him to be in top form from the beginning to the end of a season. In the mean time Nadal and Djoko get critised to no end for not managing their season better and burning out or getting injured all the time.

The balance is not easy to find and I tend to think he's got more experience than any MTF poster in this area

EDIT : Useless thread/thread starter who's having fun spamming GM , shouldn't have responded

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Federer is not stupid. I just think its weird that he has not been practising at all, because now its like 3 weeks remaining before Dubai, and he is pretty much re-starting the season. I think he needed at least a month.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Tsk Tsk lazy Fed. :p

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

Well, I agree with you on the face of it, but what Federer says publicly and what he is thinking privately are different things as we have now seen with the AO illness which he downplayed for two weeks. I suspect he will be working his tail off when he gets back on court.

I would like to see him get a coach though. Everyone benefits from a second pair of eyes and a trusted source to bounce things off of.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

Well, I agree with you on the face of it, but what Federer says publicly and what he is thinking privately are different things as we have now seen with the AO illness which he downplayed for two weeks. I suspect he will be working his tail off when he gets back on court.

I would like to see him get a coach though. Everyone benefits from a second pair of eyes and a trusted source to bounce things off of.
Indeed - I think he has become a little too bunkered and could do with someone to cast a fresh eye over his game and give him honest appraisals.

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
I don't understand why all this fuss. People are focusing too much on: "I haven't been practicing at all" instead of on: "I feel refreshed and relaxed now".

Federer has a difficult few months ahead and plans to play a longer clay season. He's won Dubai a few times already and probably will treat it as a preparation for the masters series where he can gain lots of points.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts

Sure, he needed to get over his illness and the defeat to Nole...but 3 weeks? Couldn't he have had a few light hitting sessions? :awww:

It's unlikely he will start to lose to just anyone, but it seems pretty clear that the gap on him is closing...quickly. :shrug: Dubai starts in less than a week, and look at the quality of the field! :eek: :help:
Did God practice before he created the earth?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts