1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Himself

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Hewitt? And since Fed and Dolgopolov have a residence in Dubai they practice together in the off-season, so they might be buddies.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
^ That's the same impression I get as well. The people who think Federer & Nadull are good friends are probably just projecting their own feelings onto them.

Roger probably knows that DULL will always be a part of his life so no point calling him an annoying cheater or rocking the boat too much.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Federer has engaged in numerous epic matches with Nadal throughout his career, but he nevertheless said that everything is fine between him and the Mallorcan netter. He said they are not close as friends, but he's intrigued on what their 'friendship' would look like after their ATP career.

"We're almost too nice to each other sometimes, I don't want to say today's players are too soft, but it's good when players go after each other a bit. I'm not sure how close we are as friends. I'll be interested how much we'll stay in touch once everything is said and done and we're off the circuit. We're not going to dinner, if you know what I mean. I don't know how it was in Connors's era," said Federer.
Definitely not friends.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Topic for the Fed forum? There is already a thread there.

I notice that Max Mirnyi and Yves Allegro haven't been mentioned so far. They are both his good friends and former doubles partners.

Out of retired players: Henman, Ljubicic and Santoro spring to mind.
Hrbaty is another one...who can forget this from their Wimbledon 2008 match?

Over the years there has been a lot of mutual respect developed between himself and Sampras. Now before the cynical ones among us claim this is a Nike / Wilson espoused relationship for sponsorship reasons, Roger hosting Pete for Thanksgiving dinner in 2007 etc would suggest otherwise.

Not to forget his best former tennis playing friend ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts