Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Considering these two have been the greatest rivals for Federer throughout his career, which of the rest of the big 3 do Fed fans like?

1) As a person and for off the court attitude, and character.

2) On-court attitude, playing style and overall game.

Registered
1) Nadal

2) Both

Reactions: ne znam ali mozda

Registered
1. Both seem like good people off court
2. Djokovic, I hate Nadal鈥檚 game and the gamesmanship he pulls on court

Registered
I have nothing against Djokovic or Nadal. Both seem like decent people off the court. Playing style, neither.

Registered
1] Nadal. off court he actually seems fairly normal, but it's hard to forget his blaming 'bad luck' for injuries, and then there's that horrible grunting which raises questions about his character, as he could have done more to control it and avoid putting off opponents.

2] Djokovic. He is built like a stick insect but still manages to overpower the outsized Nadal muscles. There are times when he cannot miss from the baseline and this has been the biggest factor in pigeonizing Nadal.

Registered
Nadal

Registered
I don't really care about their personalities, or off-court behaviour. I'm sure they're decent people. I find it odd that Nadal has lied about the US Open, I don't know why he didn't just tell the truth, while Djokovic has been thin-skinned over his tour, to say the least, and it is extremely odd to me that he wants to be loved so much, whereas I just wouldn't give a sh*t! But generally they both seem quite likeable.

I much, much prefer Djokovic as a player. I can't stand Nadal's style of play. Nadal matches are interminable; I can only watch him if he's playing Federer or Djokovic, possibly Murray, or getting absolutely smashed by someone like Rosol or Soderling. It's very engaging when he plays Federer, and his matches with Djokovic are good, but watching Nadal play a lower ranked player, particularly on clay...you might as well watch the same attritional point on repeat 100 times.

I definitely consider Nadal the weakest player of the three, but credit to him he's probably the mentally toughest competitor that I've seen in any sport, he's relentlessly ground out the French Open titles, and his achievements cannot be questioned. But I would never support him in any match against anyone.

Registered
I prefer Novak over Nadal. Has Nadal ever played a set without cheating the clock? Not that Novak wasn't guilty of BS time violations. I never enjoy Nadal's game.

Registered
Irrelevant question, looking at the big picture. Some may like Rafa more, while some may like Djokovic more, but it was never a question that they like Roddick the most.

We got no love relative to A-Rod. Get over it Rafatards and Noletards.

Registered
It's used to be Djokovic ...but Nadal is so charming and likeable if he beats or ties Fed so be it.
Djokovic has turned so arrogant and ignorant it has become hard to be a fan

1 - 20 of 51 Posts