Mens Tennis Forums banner

Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

• Djok

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Nadal

Votes: 14 33.3%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Nadal and Federer met at the 2009 AO it was as thriller, Federer won more points than Nadal but lost the match.

When Djokovic and Federer have met at the AO, Djokovic has won the last 6 sets.

So who would Federer rather play at the 2012 AO? Based on those results, Nadal? Yet based on the other slams (Federer owning Djokovic at 2011 RG and Federer all but beating Djokovic at 2011 USO), Federer would rather play Djokovic.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Yeah Federer owned Djokovic at RG almost went to 5 sets stupid Rafatard....Fed can beat Rafa on AO surface he cant beat Novak .......

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Federer must have a lot of confidence when he plays Djokovic, considering the recent slam meetings. That may override any edge Djokovic has on the AO surface. And just as you claim the 2011 RG meeting was a close 4 setter....the 2011 AO meeting was equally close in terms of each set. And the psychological barrier that Federer faces vs Nadal appears to be very heavy.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Federer must have a lot of confidence when he plays Djokovic, considering the recent slam meetings. That may override any edge Djokovic has on the AO surface. And the psychological barrier that Federer faces vs Nadal appears to be very heavy.
I would agree on some points but Novak is just better than fed at that surface ...

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would agree on some points but Novak is just better than fed at that surface ...
Yeah but we aren't asking who Federer will beat. The odds are not in Federer's favor in either matchup (Djokovic the favorite because of surface, Nadal the favorite because of h2h history), but who would Federer like his chances against most?

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Yeah but we aren't asking who Federer will beat. The odds are not in Federer's favor in either matchup (Djokovic the favorite because of surface, Nadal the favorite because of h2h history), but who would Federer like his chances against most?
Djokovic

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he cant win against Nadal to save his life. Obviously for his fan it must be Djokovic.

But if Djokovic continues this form no way federer can match him either.
It's almost as if Nadal vs Federer is almost certain to go 5 sets, while Djokovic vs Federer is not. But yeah maybe Fedal is foregone conclusion because of a mental block.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Who knows, at this point.
If Djokovic is anywhere near his 2011 form, he will be by far the better player of the two, but Fed's game matches up quite well against him. Whereas half the time Nadal pretty much just has to show up to collect the win.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Its obviously Djokovic.

Personally I think Fed can beat Nadal in HC slams, I think the problem is entirely in his head. But regardless, he seems to find playing Djokovic much easier so Whatever.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Djoker definitely. Fed always had mental blockage when he meets Nadal, no matter how great he plays. Unless Nadal performs poorly, I'd still think Fed will feel more comfortable against Djoker.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who knows, at this point.
If Djokovic is anywhere near his 2011 form, he will be by far the better player of the two, but Fed's game matches up quite well against him. Whereas half the time Nadal pretty much just has to show up to collect the win.

Would you say Djokovic's US Open 2011 and RG 2011 form would be enough to beat Federer convincingly at the 2012 AO? Or would Djokovic need his AO 2011 form?

Or is it simply a matter of the AO surface suiting Djokovic a lot more than Federer? Federer never seemed to have a problem with the AO surface in the past. Federer and Agassi have won the most AOs in history (and Federer won on both AO surfaces).

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Djokovic beat Fed at US Open 2011 with his US Open 2011 form so yes he can beat him at AO 2012 with the same form

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
australia open is for me , djokovic`s best surface( talking about plexicushion not rebound ace).

I think that if federer faces nadal is semis of AO 2012, he has chances to defeat nadull, when nadal defeated federer in 2009 was peak nadal and anyway needed 5 sets to defeat past peak federer, but this nadal is not the same nadal of first part of 2009(for me) and roger playing good and with nadal in this performance, i think that he can win.

for the guy that say federer not chance of defeat nole, rafa and murray:)rolleyes:).

this year the only who defeat nole and had matchpoints against him was federer:)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts