Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger Federer looked every bit the champion on his way to a comprehensive straight sets victory over Rafa Nadal in their ATP World Tour Finals Group B tie. The defending champion was at his sublime best against a thoroughly underwhelming Nadal at the O2 Arena, cruising to a 6-3 6-0 victory. This should make for some interesting Tennis betting offers.

While the defending champion was in control during the first set, Federer stepped it up a level in the second, dominating Nadal with a series of sensational winners to whitewash his opponent and wrap up the tie in quick-time.

The victory came on the back of Federer’s opening Group B match against Jo-Wilfred Tsonga, and now means the 16-time Grand Slam winner has secured his place in the semi-finals. It may not have been Nadal’s greatest moment but Federer’s form had a lot to do with his opponent’s failings.

The Spaniard will now go on to face Tsonga in his final match knowing he needs to win if he isn’t going to end the season on a disappointing note, promising some fascinating Live tennis. The Swiss maestro, on the other hand, will now progress to the semi-finals full of confidence and as one of the stand-out favourites to once again claim the season’s final title.

“It's a very surprising result, I guess we can't always live up to our expectations and I've definitely seen Rafa play better, but I've also definitely played worse.”

“I'm happy it went so well and I wish Rafa all the best for the rest of the group. For me it (the tournament) continues which is fantastic. I'm very excited about the way I played tonight.”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts