Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I'm kind of stunned that anyone even considers it a topic worthy of discussion or debate.

Please discuss.

Keep it tidy though. Thank you.

Most talented sure . Greatest ? No . No one will ever be the greatest .

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
I have Stepanek.

Reactions: swissmaestro92

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm kind of stunned that anyone even considers it a topic worthy of discussion or debate.

Please discuss.

Keep it tidy though. Thank you.

There's a stupid endless goat debate thread for this. Why do you need to open a new thread and contributing 0?
You just say Federer is GOAT, discuss.

That stupid stuff belongs to ruins, nobody cares.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
When Federer won the French Open in 2009 I would say he became the Greatest of the Open era, by the time he reached 6 more slams 2 more YEC's, more Masters, more titles, more weeks at number 1- he became the GOAT in that period at some point, before Djokovic won the French Open for a second time this year.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
There's a stupid endless goat debate thread for this. Why do you need to open a new thread and contributing 0?
You just say Federer is GOAT, discuss.

That stupid stuff belongs to ruins, nobody cares.
lol, imbecile.

I've made about 7-8 posts in this thread, all with explanatory remarks.

Read before posting next time, k? :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
lol, imbecile.

I've made about 7-8 posts in this thread, all with explanatory remarks.

Read before posting next time, k? :)
Lol, imbecile.

Nothing you said hasn't been discussed already 100 times in this forum.

Maybe you read past goat threads and the megathread next time before posting sth, k? :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Lol, imbecile.

Nothing you said hasn't been discussed already 100 times in this forum.

Maybe you read past goat threads and the megathread next time before posting sth, k? :)
haha, you have nothing to offer, and no argument whatsoever. :)

When you've got an actual argument against Federer as GOAT, go ahead and put it out there. Should be a fun chat.

Until then? Bugger off, friend. (y)

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
haha, you have nothing to offer, and no argument whatsoever. :)

When you've got an actual argument against Federer as GOAT, go ahead and put it out there. Should be a fun chat.

Until then? Bugger off, friend. (y)
Hey, castigar, when someone says "310" what do you think about?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Fed's game is perfect. People say his BH is weak but that's because of Nadal's 5000+ rpm moonballs that "exposed" it. Nadal's FH is an abnormal shot.
But the reality is that Federer's BH compliments his entire game beautifully. The slice, the drive BH, BH volleys, BH smash, BH dropshot.

What people do is they isolate that one shot and then compare it in isolation with Stan's or Gasquet's and say "See, I told you it's weak". Or they isolate it in terms of his rallying ability with 2HBHs of Joe and Murphy. That's silly.

A generic 1HBH will always be inferior to a generic 2HBH in terms of rallying ability specially on the slower and bouncier surfaces . Doesn't make it a weak shot.

I could just as easily say the 2HBH is a liability on lightning quick surfaces(look up Bercy 2010 for example, that's what you call a fast surface).

Nothing in terms of game when it comes to Fed is weak.. people would die to take that game.. his backhand is error prone only more than Djoko.. but it is lot more versatile... be it top spin, slice, drops, half volleys, backhand overhead smashes.. none even comes close in terms of stuff he can do on court when it comes to the skills and abilities. Guy is probably the most complete player sport has seen when it comes to skills, touch, tennis IQ etc. But, he is weaker than Djokovic and Nadal when it comes to defense.. they are more athletic with more stamina.. on top of that add they are younger.. which makes it even worse for Fed.

Fed's backhand is one of the most aesthetically pleasing and most versatile shot in the game.. Guy won majors because of it.. anyone who says Fed has weakness in game is a fool. Fed has match up issues.. same as any other player. he is kind of unlucky that happens to be the other GOAT.. Rafa has match up issues against much lesser league players. Anyways.. Stan's backhand is more power shot and suits the current baseline era etc.. More power or consistency is not the only criteria when it comes to analyzing someone's game..

41 - 57 of 57 Posts