Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Nadal
1,658 Posts
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal are two best tennis players that ever played the game.
Novak gets the honor of being called GOAT because of number of weeks as number one.
I agree Djokovic is Goat but would put Nadal at least Co-Goat with Djokovic if he was to win 21th major before Djokovic?.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Federer is easily the goat. For his achievements, his style, his impact on tennis, and the fact he would own absolutely anyone in his prime on hard or grass.

If you go further to consider they slowed courts down considerably in the latter half of the 00s, you would realize he would probably have 30 slams by now as no offensive skillet in the world can overcome the shear pushery that an artificially slowed court allowed.

Greatest of all time without question. Most GS finals reached in a row record and most dominant peak of all time.

·
Registered
Nadal
1,658 Posts
Federer Goat of nothing and his peak is best known for losing to Nadal at RG Wimbledon, Australia open. And beating mugs like Roddick Hewitt in his W-era

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Federer is easily the goat. For his achievements, his style, his impact on tennis, and the fact he would own absolutely anyone in his prime on hard or grass.

If you go further to consider they slowed courts down considerably in the latter half of the 00s, you would realize he would probably have 30 slams by now as no offensive skillet in the world can overcome the shear pushery that an artificially slowed court allowed.

Greatest of all time without question. Most GS finals reached in a row record and most dominant peak of all time.
Absolutely. That's what I'm talking about.

For these reasons—and many, many more—this is a cut and dried thing.

·
Registered
Nadal
1,658 Posts

Federer h2h 3rd, masters 3rd, slams by big 3 in their 30s Federer 3rd, majors by big 3 in 2010s Federer 3rd. Most weeks at number no.1 Federer 2nd, h2h in majors Federer 3rd?. Roland Garros Federer???? I don't even know this one maybe tied for 30th, Australian Open 2nd place. Us open Federer 2nd tied with 2 other players. Federer tennis style and beauty 4th behind laver, Nadal borg. that Federer has he's done of tennis I you tipping Djokovic, Nadal have done just as much for tennis Fool without them there is no big 3. Biggest Peak really? Fakerer was losing to Nadal at Miami in straight sets at 17 years old than at Wimbledon, Australia open. Someone with Biggest does not lose to his biggest rivals on his Favourite surface and than Australian Open. But I think you get the picture now Fakerer is only Goat in your dreams.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I like fed the most, but his h2h hurts him. His h2h against Rafa is excusable since Rafa only goes deep when courts suit him, but it’s tough to explain away the h2h against Nole

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I like fed the most, but his h2h hurts him. His h2h against Rafa is excusable since Rafa only goes deep when courts suit him, but it’s tough to explain away the h2h against Nole
It's incredible that those are even remotely close in either case.

Against players five and six years younger, respectively?

·
Registered
Nadal
1,658 Posts
It's incredible that those are even remotely close in either case.

Against players five and six years younger, respectively?
Age excuses again despite of you fedtards Federer lost to both Nadal, Djokovic in his 20s fool. And even in his mid 30s Fakerer was still in his prime or at Least playing at higher than even his 20s game wise. So age Excuses does not wash as both Nadal, Djokovic have won more Majors in their 30s than Federer which is your main agreement. You know Federer being in his 30s yet Nadal, Djokovic still won more then their turned 30 debunks the whole you can't win in yours 30s excuses for Fakerer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Age excuses again despite of you fedtards Federer lost to both Nadal, Djokovic in his 20s fool. And even in his mid 30s Fakerer was still in his prime or at Least playing at higher than even his 20s game wise. So age Excuses does not wash as both Nadal, Djokovic have won more Majors in their 30s than Federer is your main agreement. You know Federer being in his 30s yet Nadal, Djokovic still won more then their turned 30 debunks the whole you can't win in yours 30s excuses for Fakerer.
Unfortunately for you, Nadal will never be GOAT. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree Djokovic is Goat but would put Nadal at least Co-Goat with Djokovic if he was to win 21th major before Djokovic?.
If he wins AO22 why not? He will complete the CGS, and have olympic gold, and 21 > 20. Otoh, 340+ weeks #1 >>> 209 weeks, and 5 WTF > 0.

In terms of accomplishment I think that Novak edges out if they are tied in slams, but if Rafa is up, then things go equal or slighty on his side.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm kind of stunned that anyone even considers it a topic worthy of discussion or debate.

Please discuss.

Keep it tidy though. Thank you.

WRONG! Open Era Greatest is Djokovic with Federer, as of now, #2. Laver is of another era and should not be in the top ten of the open era. Novak has more YE and weeks at #1 than Roger, and has more masters titles than Roger, winning all 9 at least twice. Roger has not won all masters, even once. Novak has won 4 consecutive slams, something Roger never did. The only serious stat. in which Roger leads Nova is the WTF, with Roger having 6 to Novak's 5. Laver's 62 CYGS is not a serious issue as the top male players were on the pro tour in 62, nor should 6 of his slams be and issue, for the same reason. Also, Laver won his last slam at 31 and never came close to winning a slam again.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
WRONG! Open Era Greatest is Djokovic with Federer, as of now, #2. Laver is of another era and should not be in the top ten of the open era. Novak has more YE and weeks at #1 than Roger, and has more masters titles than Roger, winning all 9 at least twice. Roger has not won all masters, even once. Novak has won 4 consecutive slams, something Roger never did. The only serious stat. in which Roger leads Nova is the WTF, with Roger having 6 to Novak's 5. Laver's 62 CYGS is not a serious issue as the top male players were on the pro tour in 62, nor should 6 of his slams be and issue, for the same reason. Also, Laver won his last slam at 31 and never came close to winning a slam again.
A big problem for Djokovic is that he feasted on the weakest, dog-shittiest era that professional tennis has ever seen.

Also cleaned up during a pandemic when everyone's world got turned upside down.

Last but certainly not least, there is the matter of getting flogged by an old player, many times.

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
That game provided a wonderful learning experience for those who followed.
Fed's game is perfect. People say his BH is weak but that's because of Nadal's 5000+ rpm moonballs that "exposed" it. Nadal's FH is an abnormal shot.
But the reality is that Federer's BH compliments his entire game beautifully. The slice, the drive BH, BH volleys, BH smash, BH dropshot.

What people do is they isolate that one shot and then compare it in isolation with Stan's or Gasquet's and say "See, I told you it's weak". Or they isolate it in terms of his rallying ability with 2HBHs of Joe and Murphy. That's silly.

A generic 1HBH will always be inferior to a generic 2HBH in terms of rallying ability specially on the slower and bouncier surfaces . Doesn't make it a weak shot.

I could just as easily say the 2HBH is a liability on lightning quick surfaces(look up Bercy 2010 for example, that's what you call a fast surface).

21 - 40 of 57 Posts