Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First two sets reasonably close. After losing 2nd set, david has no interest, no game, plays errors from all parts of court. Crowd is not interested. Talking, eating, walking, BAD CROWD. NO ENERGY.

Head to head improves for Roge, 3-5. david narrowly escaped a bagel in the third set. Three in a row for Roge from 2004 onwards.
On to hewitt! Allez Roge!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Re: Federer defeats Nalbandian: 6-4, 6-4, 6-1

Ahem - 6-2, 6-4, 6-1. :)

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
Re: Federer defeats Nalbandian: 6-4, 6-4, 6-1. Grand Slam in SF for Roge this year!

GOOD JOB ROGER!!! :bigclap:

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Re: Federer defeats Nalbandian: 6-4, 6-4, 6-1. Grand Slam in SF for Roge this year!

Well done Champ :yeah: :worship:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts

WHO SENT WHO PACKING? NOW I DIDNT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!! :yeah:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Great job Roger!!! :banana:

Cya David!!! :D

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Good job, Rogi!

The first set was just bad tennis, from both of them. In the second, the quality was much better and the 4 games Fed won in a row to win he had some amazing shots, as throughout the whole of the 3rd, but then Nalbandian just wasn't the same. I'm surprised and kinda pissed he wasn't bagelled there. It would've been 10 games in a row for Roger :mad: :p

But the important thing is that Roger is in the SFs and that he's improving his H2H against his most famous nemesis. Win the whole thing now, Roger!

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
AWESOME ROGER :rocker2:
6-2 6-4 6-1 over the argie, a good old fashioned whooping..
your next Hewitt

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
lucashg said:
Good job, Rogi!

The first set was just bad tennis, from both of them. In the second, the quality was much better and the 4 games Fed won in a row to win he had some amazing shots, as throughout the whole of the 3rd, but then Nalbandian just wasn't the same. I'm surprised and kinda pissed he wasn't bagelled there. It would've been 10 games in a row for Roger :mad: :p

But the important thing is that Roger is in the SFs and that he's improving his H2H against his most famous nemesis. Win the whole thing now, Roger!

You know, he must of ran out of cream cheese, otherwise he would have had those bagels he loves so much. :yeah:

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Roger :banana: for the whooping

David :banghead: this was 1 of the matches that I was so excited about

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
A walk in the park for Federer - he could as well go mawing the garden, it would take more of him

Nalbandian was helpless, even when he had a lead in second set there was never the feeling he can do it. It was worse than with Hewwit. Federer must have thought: "This Nalby is a joke, I would have to put more effort almost with any other top 50 player around".

So bye bye Nalby... you are just another average Roger's customer now.

Reactions: sigmagirl91

·
Registered
17,486 Posts
The first two sets were pretty good, especially the second one. But there's absolutly nothing you can do if you don't have a decent serve. David was much more confortable returning Federer's services than having to serve himself. :mad: I expected something a bit better, but Roger's in an other level.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
I felt like Roger made a statement to Hewitt and Agassi tonight...........sorry David had to be the messanger...............but, if they thought he was playing badly like we have been saying, he just sent them a "head up".

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Bilbo said:
Federer hasn't impressed me. His best days are behind him (2004).
You have to be joking. Noone can do nothing to him these days. His game is more mature then ever. It is true that it was more passionate and beautifull to watch before, though.

I think that Roger is only going to go more strong and mature and other players will have no means of competing with him. It will be all Federer years to come.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
david only won only one easy match against Roge (2002), when he had winning streak of 5-0. All others were tight matches, TB, or final sets. But when Roge has improved his body and strength and mental toughness, david advantage over Roge is not there any more. And as Roge wins more and more and becomes stronger mentally, it will be even more difficult for david to get back

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
DDrago2 said:
You have to be joking. Noone can do nothing to him these days. His game is more mature then ever. It is true that it was more passionate and beautifull to watch before, though.

I think that Roger is only going to go more strong and mature and other players will have no means of competing with him. It will be all Federer years to come.
He is using a thing called sarcasm.

As for Fed this was a great win for him and I see him having a pretty easy time winning this whole tournament.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Bilbo said:
Federer hasn't impressed me. His best days are behind him (2004).
:lol: :clap2:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Roger played OK, some brilliance in the 2nd and the 3rd but Nalby played too many errors and his serve is really too weak to compete with Roger, esp when Roger is serving pretty decently like today. The gap between them is definitely bigger than last time they played. We can see how Roger has improved thest two year since then when he clinched No1 ranking.

I can see Roger run away with the title now, with both matches relatively easy...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts