1st serve %: 60%
Aces: 6
Winners: 21
UEs: 16
BP conversion: 3/9

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Tidy match from Roger. Good 2nd round match from him.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
:banana: finally a win :)

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
:woohoo: After such a performance it's clear no one can stop him here. The title is yours Roger :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
magnificent backhands and forehands. great net play.

little rusty on movement, but i know it will get better.

:worship:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Lopez didn't play badly, and Federer got some good work on the move and coming to net. The biggest thing I saw was the change in tactics: in the first set, especially the first few games, Roger was crushing returns, stepping around with the forehand and looking to play ultra agressive, which was great! By the second set, he was slicing and bunting back a ton of returns. Lopez was serving a lot to his backhand throughout the match, but some drive returns (like the first few games) would have been nice to see throughout. Still, though it was a conserved performance, it was consistent, with even a few magic shots.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Just good to see him back playing again (albeit, a Manditory event)

now maybe tennis can become interesting again

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have a feeling it will be Roger that Gasquet will face in the finals of IW. No problems for our champion though, because he will remind roger of his dreaded illness and wish that he was in hospital instead of on the court.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have a feeling it will be Roger that Gasquet will face in the finals of IW. No problems for our champion though, because he will remind roger of his dreaded illness and wish that he was in hospital instead of on the court.
okay.. i like gasquet...but ..er.....

No comment.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Roger wasn't pushed, so I'm not going to make any prediction.

Good first round from Roger:hug: He needed a light match to get his groove in gear.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts