Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not a bomb, he needs the ranking points, as he lost like 1600 ranking points by loosing so early at the AO.

He would need to win dubai and the sunshine double to skip the clay season ranking wise

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Great and he can announce that he will return to th AO next year as well. He can’t leave the stage where he has the most wins with this embarrassing loss. No way.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I don't believe Federer cares about his ranking position. At 35, he won a slam as the 17th seed beating four top ten players so who cares?

Hope he's doing the right thing, as long as it doesn't affect his grass season.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Oh the bad news never end. Its a mistake. A huge one.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
im happy for this personally

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Shouldnt this have been first opened in general messsages? Like this youre just inviting bad apples in here.

As for the news itself I'm glad that we wont have to go all the way until wimbledon to see him again. Other aspects are infinetely debatable so its kinda pointless.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Fed showing everybody who thought his brain was still functioning properly despite wasting 12/12 BPs. Looking forward to it for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Predictable. His plan was to see if he still had a realistic chance to win slams. If not, he has nothing to lose by making a farewell appearance at the French. Unless another miracle happens, which is pretty unlikely, this is his last season. Sadly.
On the bright side we'll see him play on clay again. I missed that.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Makes sense to me: the clay season's too long to go without playing any matches. Plus he'd indicated that his off-season training was aimed at that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are there any news on Roger's clay schedule? I have read that he is playing Roland Garros for sure and one or two other tournaments before.

I'm pretty sure one of these tournaments is going to be Rome. And if there's going to be a second tournament before RG, then it's probably Madrid or Barcelona. But there's no way he is going to play in Monte Carlo. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nobody? It seems I'm the only one interested in this question.

Anyway, the newest thing I could find is this article (in German). Federer says he'll probably just play one clay tournament before Roland Garros. He excludes Monte Carlo. There are rumours from Barcelona, but Rome seems most likely at the moment.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts