Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger Federer said he didn't think his best chance to win an 18th Grand Slam singles title was necessarily at Wimbledon.
"I mean, I feel like, yeah, if things click here, yeah, I should be able to win the tournament here. Whereas at the French, I feel like I'm slightly more dependent on Rafa. But that doesn't mean I don't believe I can win the French, either. I feel like if I play my game it's more on my racket. It's the same for Wimbledon. I feel I have a very good chance again this year. I hope to utilize my fitness, the amount of matches I've played this year. So I'm really coming in with a much better feeling than maybe in the last year, for instance."

The King nonchalantly telling like it is; this is belief, no? :worship: :bowdown: :cool:

source

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Whereas at the French, I feel like I'm slightly more dependent on Rafa. But that doesn't mean I don't believe I can win the French, either. I feel like if I play my game it's more on my racket. It's the same for Wimbledon.

Hahahaha :haha:

Delusional much?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
But that doesn't mean I don't believe I can win the French, either. I feel like if I play my game it's more on my racket. It's the same for Wimbledon. I feel I have a very good chance again this year. I hope to utilize my fitness, the amount of matches I've played this year.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Well you gotta be arrogant to win. No two ways about it.

Arrogant? Lol it seems more that he already is giving an excuse that if he loses at Wimbledon it's not a big deal. He has zero confidence that he's gonna win, so he's downplaying it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
To be fair, he has been knocking on the door at the AO for the past 4 years.
He was the 2nd best in 2011.
I believe would have pushed Novak in 2012 if it wasn't for Novak.
Played decent in 2013.
And only Nadal was going to stop him this year. So yeah, Roger always plays good tennis at the start of the year.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Let me put this real simple for all the haters out there. ANY player who doesn't think the match is on their racquet doesn't win anything. This is Wimbledon after all, and RF has won 7 times. He certainly has good reason to think he'll do great the next two weeks.

Besides, regarding the French he did say this: "Whereas at the French, I feel like I'm slightly more dependent on Rafa." If he played great he could beat anyone else in Paris but Rafa, as he showed in 2011.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
"But that doesn't mean I don't believe I can win the French, either.I feel like if I play my game it's more on my racket. It's the same for Wimbledon. \"
:facepalm:

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
this ain't 2007 anymore

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
He's never going to admit that he stands no chance against Nadal on clay.
IMO that is right way . No one wants to see a match as SF Murray vs Nadal at FO . They got a lot of money and they are pro tennis players who need to believe. Soderling believed and he won vs Nadal but it happened in 4rd not in F.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts