Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, I certainly won't bother. It's the most NID slam final in years, and I have better things to do with my time. Why would I waste my time on a completely predictable result.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think Anderson will have his chances.

I’m not gonna get up early for it, but I’ll watch it once I get up. Should be like the second set probably

·
Registered
611 Posts
No, simply because I'm at the bottom of the world, starts at 2am and have to work tomorrow. Obviously, as a Fedtard, had he made it through I would have watched. And if you want to go upset, I figure most people (the press and News here were ordaining her) picked Serena for the women's title so...

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Yes, till the World Cup final starts. Nole - Rafa SF was a great match, I enjoyed it probably most since AO 17 final. I may be a Fed fan, but that doesn't mean I don't love watching tennis when he ain't there.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
I'm not going to bc I'm happy with either who wins it

Both deserve it so I will watch highlights

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wimbledon Semi Final: [8] Anderson defeats [9] Isner 7-6(6) 6-7(5) 6-7(9) 6-4 26-24
Wimbledon Final: Djokovic def. Nadal 6-4 3-6 7-6(9) 3-6 10-8

Upcoming:
Wimbledon Gentlemen's Wheelchair Singles Final: Djokovic vs Anderson

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It will be difficult after a set or so as WC final will start. But if Anderson channels his inner Wawrinka then I may keep switching between the two matches.

·
justice for all
13,148 Posts
I'll give it at least a set - if Anderson manages to win that one, I'll continue watching until WC final starts.
It will be difficult after a set or so as WC final will start. But if Anderson channels his inner Wawrinka then I may keep switching between the two matches.
Pretty much this.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Of course. Djokovic is a very exciting player, and the match will probably be very close. Someone with a chance to get to 13 slams and 4 Wimbledon title is pretty historic.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'm a FedFan, but I'll be watching this one, at least the first couple of sets. Then have to shuffle between the world cup and the tennis... Being down under, I have to resign myself to a bleary Monday at work.

I'm actually happy for Nole that he's making a comeback. I think Anderson has his chances, though. Of course, it also depends on how their bodies have recovered...

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Kevin Anderson has a chance to become the oldest male 1st time major winner at Wimbledon in the Open Era at age 32 and 58 days

A few of you may recall that Herbert Lawford, inventor of the "Lawford stroke" or "Lawford forehand" (topspin) was 36 years and 53 days old when he first won his 1st major at Wimbledon on July 7, 1887.

Respectfully,
masterclass

1 - 20 of 33 Posts