Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
LOL.R u kiddin?LAver cap is a POS.Not that i like about schedule of RG,but these garbage exos should be deleted

Reactions: china virus

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
It does not matter. Laver Cup is scheduled to take place in the US, which will soon be the new center of the epidemic thanks to Donald Trump.

Its no accident the French Open schedules chose that date. They know there is zero chance of US Open happening. Maybe Paris will be over the worst by then, but I would not count on it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Maybe he can take the clay mugs like the likes of Isner, Karen and Sock go play the Laver Cup during that period. There is no way they will win the FO anyway. He can pay their fines for skipping the event. And unlike the the FO, it can be easily rescheduled even during winter as this exhibition is played indoors.

·
|
14,973 Posts
It does not matter. Laver Cup is scheduled to take place in the US, which will soon be the new center of the epidemic thanks to Donald Trump.
Former White House physician (appointed by Barack Obama 2013) Dr. Ronny Jackson-
"The president has done everything he needed to do in this case," Jackson told "Hannity".
"He’s acted quickly and decisively. He did what he always has done ... he went with his instincts."
"What’s going on in Italy and Iran is not going to happen here I think, because of the president's quick and decisive actions. I think we are going to be more in line with what’s going on in South Korea and things of that nature," Jackson said.
"We are going to see that we got on it early. The president stopped it quickly and it’s going to save countless American lives. I am proud that he’s acted so quickly and decisively in all of this."

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Nobody thinks the Laver Cup is vitally important, least of all in these times, but nonetheless it's a big tournament and one that Fed has invested a lot into.

So of course it's disrespectful for the French Open to just torpedo it, without consultation. Having Roland-Garros then will play havoc with the whole tour in September and October and devalue all the other tournaments. (Think about it: any top player that goes deep in the USO and RG will skip the rest of the tour until the WTF.)

It might of course be possible to rejig the whole tour to accommodate the FO. But that would require D-I-P-L-O-M-A-C-Y and C-O-N-S-U-L-T-A-T-I-O-N, things the FO organisers have clearly neglected, judging by the reaction of players and the ATP.

This is a time for people to come together in solidarity, not for big bullies to throw their weight around and squash smaller tournaments.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Former White House physician (appointed by Barack Obama 2013) Dr. Ronny Jackson-
"The president has done everything he needed to do in this case," Jackson told "Hannity".
"He’s acted quickly and decisively. He did what he always has done ... he went with his instincts."
"What’s going on in Italy and Iran is not going to happen here I think, because of the president's quick and decisive actions. I think we are going to be more in line with what’s going on in South Korea and things of that nature," Jackson said.
"We are going to see that we got on it early. The president stopped it quickly and it’s going to save countless American lives. I am proud that he’s acted so quickly and decisively in all of this."
Hahahahaha from "Hannity“? Then it must be true.

You are so goddamn entertaining. Please stay home and dont let that virus catch you. We all need you here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As an American, I hope this was posted in jest. Don't get me started on 45 and our pitiful excuse for "state television".

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Maybe he can take the clay mugs like the likes of Isner, Karen and Sock go play the Laver Cup during that period. There is no way they will win the FO anyway. He can pay their fines for skipping the event. And unlike the the FO, it can be easily rescheduled even during winter as this exhibition is played indoors.
As far as I'm aware there are no penalties for skipping a slam.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Not to mention unilateral RG decision puts USO on the line to make early statements
Burn

·
Registered
397 Posts
Oh piss off

I am no Nadal fan but this is a Grand Slam.

Given the circumstances this year, we can go one year without an exhibition tournament where one team is vastly stronger than the other and always wins.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts