Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Was just about to post this as got an email from laver cup.

This is strange.
Its a long way away.

Good news fot europe though.
Bad news for World team

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Great news! Maybe I'll travel to Geneva for this beautiful event.

Laver Cup is such a good way keeping tennis relevant. All the top players want to be part of it :smile2:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
IMO it looks like Federer's last year, considering he's even thinking about playing the clay season, and hosting Laver Cup in his homeland Switzerland playing with his great rival Rafa...It looks a lot like a farewell tour. Hope I am just thinking too much.
I thought the same when I read this, but I guess it will depend on his slam results. Is he still a contender to win the biggest titles? Then he may as well keep playing in 2020.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Do ticket sales start so early? :p

Great news. Their dynamic last year was special and made the entire event. Really hoping to see Stan there, as well.
I am wondering if this means DJ is out already. I got a feeling he wasn't particularly thrilled after his participation. Also with all three there will be way too much star power (as if it's not too much with Fedal alone), and the rest are gonna be pushed into irrelevance beyond cringe.
That being said, it's too far in the future. They can plan their schedule ahead of time, but their bodies are unreliable. I think the lineup will be finalized only after the USO.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
IMO it looks like Federer's last year, considering he's even thinking about playing the clay season, and hosting Laver Cup in his homeland Switzerland playing with his great rival Rafa...It looks a lot like a farewell tour. Hope I am just thinking too much.
I think he'll keep his options open. That'd be a fitting way to say goodbye, if he feels he can't push anymore. Otoh, if he's still competitive deep into the season, I also don't see him stop.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Fed 2019 Laver Cuper retirement theory confirmed.

It is super early to announce. Only explanation is that Federer has finished building his last season.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Roger ain't retiring before Rafa does. No way.

·
Super Moderator
7,348 Posts
Amazing news. I loved how they worked together in 2017, there's such good chemistry between them. Honestly I'm surprised it's happening this soon. Not complaining though. :lol:

Fingers crossed for Stanikori.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Damn, Nadal is really fuckin dumb. He doesn't need this in his schedule.

The only explanation I see is that it is Federer's farewell tournament so Nadal has to attend.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
do ticket sales start so early? :p

great news. Their dynamic last year was special and made the entire event. Really hoping to see stan there, as well.
I am wondering if this means dj is out already. I got a feeling he wasn't particularly thrilled after his participation. Also with all three there will be way too much star power (as if it's not too much with fedal alone), and the rest are gonna be pushed into irrelevance beyond cringe.
That being said, it's too far in the future. They can plan their schedule ahead of time, but their bodies are unreliable. I think the lineup will be finalized only after the uso.
Fed wants to bring them all. Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, Stan and maybe we see Zverev with them too!

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Fed wants to bring them all. Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, Stan and maybe we see Zverev with them too!
That's all talk. In reality I don't think that would be possible. Each is a superstar with too many other commitments and schedule constraints.

Just remember our ole boy Darth's prediction :p
How can we forget. :scratch:

·
Banned
295 Posts
Personally I prefer the Davis Cup still :lol:

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
No chance to bring some female players in too? I think that would be a decent way to expand on the yearly Laver Cup, being inclusive, add some mix doubles and female single matches to attract further crowds. But then again who knows what will happen to the tournament after Federer retires.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts