Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wimbledon has been uploading various highlights of their 2008 final since yesterday on their YouTube channel. With the weak-era seeds crashing left and right, its no surprise the organizers are pushing this narrative.

As for Nadal, the 4th round jinx is clearly over. He will stomp the rest of the minnows and out-of-formers if they don't already self destruct. So much for the minotaur and foggy threats. Both vaporized. He'll find cracks in the vessel(y) and ride the pony like Zorro. The cosmos already reverberates with the question, "Who-Can-Stop-Da-Dull?"

Discuss.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Still too early to tell. Rafa has Del Potro, then Kyrgios or Djokovic. Would have been hard to handle for Rafa even on clay, not to mention on grass. I don't get these predictions, last year I remember similar threads and posts here.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Still too early to tell. Rafa has Del Potro, then Kyrgios or Djokovic. Would have been hard to handle for Rafa even on clay, not to mention on grass. I don't get these predictions, last year I remember similar threads and posts here.
Are you being freaking serious?... or is everybody infested with the "Fake humility syndrome" ?

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last year people were trolling. This year with so many seeds out, there seems to be a high chance.

As for your suspicions of Delpo, Kyrgios or Djoker; its one down, two to go.

Can't see Pony giving Wafa any problems on grass should he get past Simon. As for Wafa, he'll sail past Vesely tonight in straights. Book it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sadly Rafa is too incompetent on grass at this point to reach the final going past the likes of Djokovic or so, but it would be nice to see the slaughter that Federer would ensue on Nadal on the centre court at Wimbledon at this point, it would be a straight set win.

·
Registered
343 Posts
In one way it would be a real achievement for Rafa to make the final on grass again... but in another much more real way, yes he would get slaughtered.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I hope not. With all due respect to their wonderful careers, I'm sick of seeing either of them in big finals. I know others have to step up and defeat them, but sometimes I wonder why they both get such easy draws. I mean Mannarino in R16? Federer can defeat him in his sleep. (not really of course) But, enough is enough. I want to see and cheer for someone else for a change. I'm hoping for Isner, Raonic, or even Nishikori to get into the final against anyone but Fedal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts