4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:eek::eek::eek:
this is surprising:devil::rolleyes:

<>
article from www.heraldsun.com.au

Roger Federer may skip Beijing in pursuit of gold
March 04, 2008 12:00am
ROGER Federer, who has always said an Olympic gold medal is one of his biggest goals, may not play in the Beijing Games in August.

Federer was a little disillusioned with his experience at the Athens Olympics four years ago when he lost to Tomas Berdych and feels some of the shortcomings of those Games might be repeated in China.

The world No. 1 said there had been several difficulties in Athens and he would consider avoiding a repeat.

"It was quite difficult in Athens," Federer said.

"Taking the bus and not being in control of my own schedule, and many people recognising me in the village.

"It was not as enjoyable as Sydney, which I loved.

"I still have not made up my mind (whether to play in Beijing)."

Federer was drawn to play Britain's Andy Murray in the first round of the Dubai Open overnight, his first match since the Australian Open.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Re: FED says he may not play the OLYMPICS this year!`@@`

lol? federer really is on the decline. getting more and more clear.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
Re: FED says he may SKIP the OLYMPICS this year!`@@`

This was misunderstood/spinned by the journalists. He simply said he wasn't sure whether or not he was gonna stay at the olympic village. His participation isn't in doubt

·
Registered
5,938 Posts

Did you get your hopes up a little?

·
Registered
13,152 Posts

Lock this thread.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

A stupid misinterpretation by the journalists (one sometimes wonders whether these guys/galls have been properly educated at all... :rolleyes:) - Fed is doubting his stay at the Olympic village, NOT his participation at the Olympics!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

This was misunderstood/spinned by the journalists. He simply said he wasn't sure whether or not he was gonna stay at the olympic village. His participation isn't in doubt
Poor, Little Lord Ego-Roy...doesn't want to stay with the REAL Olympic athletes.:rolleyes::mad:

This is exactly the reason why professional athletes should NOT be allowed at the Olympic games. However, as long as he and Mirka can travel in their Ego-mobile, he should not worry about breathing the air of the "lesser" athletes in the village.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

If he chooses not to stay, the only real time he will have with his fellow athletes from Switzerland will be at the opening ceremonies. Can you believe that this bozo carried the flag of his nation at the opening ceremonies last time?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,673 Posts

"It was not as enjoyable as Sydney, which I loved."

Of course he loved Sydney, he met Mirka there:couple:

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

he'll be there even if that was a real report. The question is who is going to be his Tomas Berdych this year? 'Cause it's certainly not going to be Tomas Berdych.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Re: FED to `skip OLYMPICS`??<>Rogi doesn`t want to stay in "the VILLAGE"#

federer refusing to stay in the olympic village would leave quite a dent in my rankometer regarding me liking his personality.

·
&#9829; eve &#9829;
40,985 Posts

federer refusing to stay in the olympic village would leave quite a dent in my rankometer regarding me liking his personality.
Hope Fed doesn't read MTF... Otherwise he'd be devastated... :unsure:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts

Poor, Little Lord Ego-Roy...doesn't want to stay with the REAL Olympic athletes.:rolleyes::mad:

This is exactly the reason why professional athletes should NOT be allowed at the Olympic games. However, as long as he and Mirka can travel in their Ego-mobile, he should not worry about breathing the air of the "lesser" athletes in the village.

what do you expect. he is a girly man who feels intimitated by those east german female swimmers.

·
Registered
148 Posts

whats the big deal with staying in the olympic village?

·
Registered
195 Posts

they shouldn't let him participate, if he doesn't stay in the olympic village, EVERYONE stays in the village......that's one of the ways the organization can monitor atheletes to weed out the ones who CHEAT.....maybe use steroids......he should check his ego at the door and realize he's representing swiztherland and NOT the ROGER FEDERER brand, although winning a gold would be a plus to the brand.....WHAT A MORON....this just makes me dislike him even more.....he's probably worried about winning a grand slam this year.....it won't be easy he'll be lucky to get 2 this year and if he plays the olympics he better go in with at least one slam under his belt and if he does THE US OPEN IS A TOSS UP......

·
Registered
637 Posts

My dear lord,what has Federer ever done to anyone or anything to have earned such foolish anger, pettiness and anti attention??

I am a Nadal fan and I still respect Federer.

Let it go. Find an important subject in life to put such angry energy into and enjoy tennis for tennis.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

i hate federer
one shouldn't question playing olympics, it's just a huge honnor.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Re: FED to`skip OLYMPICS`??>Rogi doesn`t want to stay in "the VILLAGE"#

A lot of athletes don't stay in the Olympic Village during the Olympics, for whatever reason. I'm pretty sure there were tennis players last time who did not, and I think Marat might have been one of them. Can someone confirm/refute that please.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts