3. IW-AMS ~~ Rd.2
4. Miami-AMS ~~ Rd.4
5. MC-AMS ~~ Final
6. Rome-AMS ~~ Rd.3
7. Hamburg-AMS ~~ Won
8. French Open ~~ Final
9. Wimbledon ~~ Won [no warm up, normally Halle]:angel:

#@@#
Correct me if I`m wrong but I believe FED becomes the 1st player in the history of tennis to win 2-Slams in a year without any `official` warm up events:worship:

So the secret to FED becoming FO champion in the future:confused: ~~~ Simply don`t play any warm up events on clay:devil:

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Wimby & AO titles easy! *~*FED- 1st player to win 2-Slams without any warm up eve

...whic would mean more than 2 month off the tour, basically? :D

:wavey:
Yeah i know, i was just being slightly ridiculous:devil:

Anyway playing Hamburg & winning it so much [4-times]~~ doesn`t seem to help FED at FO;)

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
Re: FED & Slam FOCUS!! **2007~ 1st in history to win 2-Slams without any warm ups!?

Congrats GOAT

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Re: FED & Slam FOCUS!! **2007~ 1st in history to win 2-Slams without any warm ups!?

Congrats GOAT
Don't know about the others, but I'm getting annoyed already.

Look, I was devastated when Federer didn't manage to win RG this year. Got over it. And not just that; I got over the fact that there's high probability he won't ever win it, because all chances are that Nadal will be there all the way till Fed quits playing tennis.

On the other hand, Nadal came an inch to winning Wimby this year, and it can only boost hopes of any Rafa fan for the next year, let alone those years when Federer won't be around.

So why all this charade with calling Fed the GOAT and such crap? Pull yourself together.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

Look, I was devastated when Federer didn't manage to win RG this year. Got over it. And not just that; I got over the fact that there's high probability he won't ever win it, because all chances are that Nadal will be there all the way till Fed quits playing tennis.

On the other hand, Nadal came an inch to winning Wimby this year, and it can only boost hopes of any Rafa fan for the next year, let alone those years when Federer won't be around.

So why all this charade with calling Fed the GOAT and such crap? Pull yourself together.
You're wasting your breath (well, typing) because the tards don't listen. JMPower and others have been doing exactly the same on Nadal threads throughout Wimbledon. It pleases them that it annoys people. Tards are what they are. Tards. There is no reason, only tardism.

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

well, but that implies rafa will maintain his current level for the years to come, which i highly doubt. his way of playing takes a lot outta him, that's for sure. most players on tour with such a "high voltage" usually burn out far sooner than guys like fed. i'd expect nadal to have his first injuries by next year and the years to come. there's just no way that his current level can be maintained for 5,6,7 years. his body will eventually say "easy buddy, gimme a break man" or simply quit. just take a look at lleyton, he's done the running stuff for the last years and during the last years the injuries just kept popping up. i guess this will happen to nadal as well. he's not a robot.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts

·
Registered
5,712 Posts

:wavey:
Do two `hash [**]` marks really cause you so much stress:confused:
You kept it kind of subdued this time, but you're quite the fan of making me fight though number signs and ampersands and asterisks to get the information.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

well, but that implies rafa will maintain his current level for the years to come, which i highly doubt. his way of playing takes a lot outta him, that's for sure. most players on tour with such a "high voltage" usually burn out far sooner than guys like fed. i'd expect nadal to have his first injuries by next year and the years to come. there's just no way that his current level can be maintained for 5,6,7 years. his body will eventually say "easy buddy, gimme a break man" or simply quit. just take a look at lleyton, he's done the running stuff for the last years and during the last years the injuries just kept popping up. i guess this will happen to nadal as well. he's not a robot.

Nadal already had his 1st major injury at the end of 2005/early 06:eek:
That caused him to miss Paris-AMS, TMC Shanghai & AO;)

Anyway Nadal is some sort of freak & I don`t think his body will completely break down the way many are predicting..
Rafa`s probably going to be able to maintain this level another 5-years or so I foresee;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts