Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a match so far, great shot making FS is doing what he does best frustrating the hell out of Roger. Roger screamed a few times, and got broken 2 times in the 1st set by Fabs. The crowd are just lovingit, doing waves and just cheering like crazy, very entertaining match

If Safin was playing Fabs tonight he would have broken all his racquets :lol:

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chloe said:
Are you in Canada? Where are you watching this!
In Kenya on vacation right now, I'm watching it at my friends via satelitte

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Lucky you :p This is one early round Fed match that I would have watched. The outcome was almost certain from the beginning, but Santoro rocks ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
very entertaining indeed. im on the edge of my seat.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
Once again the NY crowd is pulling for the underdog. I've been quite impressed with Santoro, he keeps fighting and won't go away. I thought this was going to be just another mauling but it ain't. All credit to Fabrice for making this match interesting.

edit
Wow :eek: that behind-the-back volley Santoro made. He got a standing ovation for that one, the crowd is really getting into him. Roger seems annoyed now, he hit a ball right at Santoro. I wonder if Tennischick will start a new thread demanding to know why Roger was trying to kill poor Fabrice? :lol:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree completely with the topic at hand. Truly an exhilarating match. So many different shots and angles, Santoro has been giving his all so far.

And just now, what an amazing behind-the-back reaction at the net. Such a fun ride this.

·
Registered
289 Posts
silverwhite said:
That shot behind the back. :eek: :lol:
did you see his almost outright winner through the legs in like the first point??? :worship: :worship:

how will they choose which highlights to show?? :)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Fabrice has definitely not gotten his due - exposure wise. He's delightful. A helluva lot more fun than those robot bashers that have driven tennis into the abyss of Power is God. He should get far more center court tv matches. Can't think of anything as much fun as watching a Fabrice-Marat match!!

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
howardean said:
did you see his almost outright winner through the legs in like the first point??? :worship: :worship:

how will they choose which highlights to show?? :)
Incidentally, I did. :lol:

I've been switching the TV on and off but I've had the luck of watching those 2 fabulous points.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Do any of the tennis wizards around here know, who, if anyone. taught Fabrice to play? He has great wrists. Now, Fabrice, on the forehand, you put yr. 2nd hand here like this!!

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
TenHound said:
Fabrice has definitely not gotten his due - exposure wise. He's delightful. A helluva lot more fun than those robot bashers that have driven tennis into the abyss of Power is God. He should get far more center court tv matches. Can't think of anything as much fun as watching a Fabrice-Marat match!!
:worship: :worship:

:eek: The stadium is still almost full and its close to 11:30, unreal. Fabrice is making so many weird shots the guy is a genius

·
Registered
193 Posts
Such a delightful, delightful match. Just take a gander at the look on Santoro's face. He must be so pleased with his performance tonight.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone see when Fed and Santoro changed sides during the TB, they stopped and yapepd and laughed. That was very nice to see.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
God, I love the NY crowd. Loud, passionate, and fun. :bigclap: The best! :D

Oh cool, Fabrice was interviewed along with Roger too. :cool:

Great match. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tangerine_dream said:
God, I love the NY crowd. Loud, passionate, and fun. :bigclap: The best! :D

Oh cool, Fabrice was interviewed along with Roger too. :cool:

Great match. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
The crowd was so awesome tonight, they were so involved in the match. Just brilliant

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
That was one of the most enjoyable matches I've seen in a long time. You just had to laugh..............................

1 - 20 of 28 Posts