Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say aliens come down.. and rejuvenate pshycally.. so they look and feel 20 again!!
But they keep their memory/mentallity/skill theyve learned through their years..

Who would win more slams?
Lets say they retire at 35 .. so thats 15x4= 60Grandslams..

I would say:
Djokovic 20, 5Wim,4USO,7AO,4RG
Federer 14 1RG, 6WIM, 6USO,1AO
Nadal:12 , 6RG, 1Wim, 3USO, 2AO

And 14 GS won by others

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Lets say aliens come down.. and rejuvenate pshycally.. so they look and feel 20 again!!
But they keep their memory/mentallity/skill theyve learned through their years..

I would say:

And 14 GS won by others
Federer 18
Nadal 16
Djokovic 10

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I think they would be very close in terms of GS count. Nadal would still prevent Federer from winning a ton of slams, but Djokovic in turn would limit Nadal's count.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts

I would say:

And 14 GS won by others
So how does Djokovic win more slams being contemporary to peak Federer than NOT being (as it is in reality)? Unless you think that he will end up winning more than 20 slams.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Nadal 20 (10 rg, 3 wimbledon, 5 USO, 2 AO), Federer 16 (6 wimbledon, 5 USO, 5 AO, 1RG) , Djokovic 9 (1rg, 4AO, 2 Wim, 2 USO), Murray 2 (1 Wimbledon, 1 USO).

13 slams won by others..

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Federer would never have gotten an RG. Nadal would never have gotten USO nor AO. Djokovic would be the only one with a career slam.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Bcs there is 3 of them, luck in draws would be important issue. Who ever must beat 2 of them b2b, would have much more difficult job than the 3rd one.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Crocodilovic routined peak Federer in straights, yet people are saying he wouldn't take slams away from him?

Not even going to comment on Nadal, lol

Suffice to say, Federer would have a lot less slams, still wouldn't be the GOAT, and still wouldn't even be the best of his era

:wavey:

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
I don't know about 35 years of age, but pretty much up until their first decade of domination (2003-2013), this is how things would pan out....
Being a tennis connoiseur for more than the last decade, I can vouch for this with a certainty ratio of +/- 1.2%.

2003 AO: Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic
2003 RG: Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer
2003 Wimby: Roger Federer def. Rafael Nadal
2003 USO: Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic
2004 AO: Novak Djokovic def. Roger Federer
2004 RG: Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer
2004 Wimby: Roger Federer def. Rafael Nadal
2004 USO: Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic
2005 AO: Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer
2005 RG: Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer
2005 Wimby: Roger Federer def. Rafael Nadal
2005 USO: Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic
2006 AO: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic
2006 RG: Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal
2006 Wimby: Novak Djokovic def. Roger Federer
2006 USO: Roger Federer def. Andy Murray
2007 AO: Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal
2007 RG: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic
2007 Wimby: Roger Federer def. Rafael Nadal
2007 USO: Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic
2008 AO: Roger Federer def. Tomas Berdych
2008 RG: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic
2008 Wimby: Andy Murray def. Novak Djokovic
2008 USO: Novak Djokovic def. Del Potro
2009 AO: Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer
2009 RG: Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer
2009 Wimby: Andy Murray def. Roger Federer
2009 USO: Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal
2010 AO: Roger Federer def. Stanislas Wawrinka
2010 RG: Rafael Nadal def. Robin Soderling
2010 Wimby: Novak Djokovic def. Andy Murray
2010 USO: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic
2011 AO: Roger Federer def. Andy Murray
2011 RG: Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic
2011 Wimby: Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer
2011 USO: Del Potro def. Novak Djokovic
2012 AO: Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal
2012 RG: Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic
2012 Wimby: Novak Djokovic def. Roger Federer
2012 USO: Stanilas Wawrinka def. Del Potro

Total Slams (out of 40)
Roger Federer- 14
Rafael Nadal- 13
Novak Djokovic- 9
Murray- 2
Del Potro- 1
Wawrinka - 1

More Statistics:

Rafael Nadal
AO- 3
RG- 8
Wimbledon - 1
USO - 1

Roger Federer
AO - 4
RG - 1
Wimbledon - 4
USO - 5

Novak Djokovic
AO - 3
RG - 1
Wimbledon - 3
USO - 2

Finals (out of 80)

Federer - 25
Nadal - 21
Djokovic - 22
Murray - 5
Del Potro - 3
Stanislas Wawrinka - 2
Tomas Berdych - 1
Robin Soderling - 1

·
Banned
355 Posts
Crocodilovic routined peak Federer in straights, yet people are saying he wouldn't take slams away from him?

Not even going to comment on Nadal, lol

Suffice to say, Federer would have a lot less slams, still wouldn't be the GOAT, and still wouldn't even be the best of his era

:wavey:
Not really, Federer and Nadal still would have much more slam than djokovic. Nole wouls still would have peaked at 24 years old, meanwhile nadal would be winning since 19 and fed since 20-21, which amkes me think

Nadal 15+ slams
Federer 13-15 slams
Djokovic 6-8 slams.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not really, Federer and Nadal still would have much more slam than djokovic. Nole wouls still would have peaked at 24 years old, meanwhile nadal would be winning since 19 and fed since 20-21, which amkes me think

Nadal 15+ slams
Federer 14-15 slams
Djokovic 7-8 slams.
it is not about that.. federer was 22 when he won his first GS, Djokovic was 20..
And how do you know what Federers Peak at 24 would be.. if he had a Djokovic at 24 besides him..

And dont forgett.. my main theory was that their exactly the same persons.. with skills and previous meetings.. Djokovic clearly has the edge on Rafa and Federer since 2011.. he has figured them out..

Its obvious Djokovic would end up as the GOAT!

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
OK, I understand people are bored but how the heck do you come up with these numbers? Wishful thinking, some secret ancient knowledge, astrology, astronomy, religion ... what? It's beyond me. Just another 'what if' hypothetical thread.
so, Fed fans will say: Fed 22 slams, Nole 15, Rafa 11
Rafa fans: Rafa 85 slams, Fed 3, Nole 1
Nole fans: Nole 20, Fed 16, Rafa 4
Dimi fans crying that Dimi is not a part of this elite group etc.

There you go that's my final answer :p.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
it is not about that.. federer was 22 when he won his first GS, Djokovic was 20..
And how do you know what Federers Peak at 24 would be.. if he had a Djokovic at 24 besides him..

And dont forgett.. my main theory was that their exactly the same persons.. with skills and previous meetings.. Djokovic clearly has the edge on Rafa and Federer since 2011.. he has figured them out..

Its obvious Djokovic would end up as the GOAT!
In a couple of years time when Djokovic starts losing to ppl like Dimitrov in his career, you'll be calling him (Dimitrov) the GOAT. Truth is that you only know how to go with the flow and not respect past achievements of greats. Well, short term memory has its advantages I guess.

Btw, Rafa and Federer were clearly past their peak in 2011, while Djokovic was IN his.

·
Registered
766 Posts
MTF is so FOTM, it's unreal :stupid: When Rafa won RG, it was all about him getting to 20, doing a CYGS etc. and Novak being the nearly man, mental midget, biggest choker, modern day Lendl etc. Now that he won Wimby, it is about him doing the consecutive 4 x CYGS again, while Fed's and Rafa's past achievements are discarded to the dustbin. If Rafa beats him in the USO, the threads will go back to choke theme again. Posters here are like a bunch of goldfish swimming around in a circular fish bowl :eek:

To answer the OP's hypothetical scenario:
Novak and Fed would split the AO equally, Rafa might sneak one
Rafa would win every RG
Fed would win every Wimby except one/two losses to Rafa
Fed would win half the USO and Rafa/Novak would split the rest equally

So assuming a 10 year stretch, the slam distribution for Fed-Rafa-Novak would be 17-15-8 (AO: 4-1-5; RG: 0-10-0; Wim: 8-2-0; USO: 5-2-3), not very different from how it looks currently TBH. Of course, this is completely ignoring players like Andy, Delpo etc. But according to MTF, they are mugs anyway :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
if peak Nadal, Fed, Novak and lets throw in Murray for that matter all started the 2015 season, fit, healthy age 20 etc. Fed would be number 1, Nadal and Novak 2 and 3, Murray 4th. Federer is still probably the GOAT, he's just aged when Djoker and Nadal were younger, Nadal is of course the clay goat, but overall Federer would have the best career I think all things equal

1 - 20 of 92 Posts