Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought for sure they'd put Tsonga-Fish.

And the USO wonders why the night sessions are all blowouts.

Mug scheduling era.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Really bad night match. Fish/Tsonga should have been there no doubt. Djokovic vs Dolgo should have been above it as option 2 as well. I don't even really want to watch the Fed/Monaco match

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
labor day crowd during the afternoon is huge, probably the reason although fish/tsonga really should've been the highlight match.

·
Registered
123 Posts
On Saturday, Sunday and Labor Day, the good matches are on during the day, those are the matches CBS controls.

·
29,637 Posts
When was the last time a top 4 player dropped a set in a USO night sesh? Was it Kiefer in 09 vs Nadal?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Federer matches = more viewers.

Thats it I guess. Although obviously in terms of tennis Tsonga - Fish is MUCH more interesting.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Tsonga Fish isn't the night session?

Excellent, no need to stay up to watch an actually worthwhile match =)

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Horrific match Federer-Monaco is going to be. I knew Fish and Tsonga would be day match because of TV but Fed-Monaco is the worst of the bunch.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
As others have said on Labor Day weekend the day matches on CBS are considered prime time. Only surprise is that Fed and Fish didn't get day matches on Ashe.

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts
Two things:

1) Monday night session on Labor Day is an afterthought compared to the day session
2) Fish told organizers he wants day matches.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
Best bit of scheduling all tournament, means I can get an early night for the first time in a week.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Idiot organisers putting Fed on Ashe ahead of Djokovic? What an insult to the Serb. Did they ever put Fed on Armstrong when he was no.1?

I was watching Fed-Cilic and the commentators were drooling all over Federer as if he was some sort of God who could do no wrong. It made me want to vomit.

Djokovic is the world #1 by a country mile. He is the no.1 seed. and deserves Centre court billing. I can't wait for the semi Djoko-Fed if it happens again. The Fed fanboys with their head buried in 2006 will be properly put in their place.

·
29,637 Posts
Fed- 5 US Opens, Djokovic- 0 US Opens.

Only one man deserves priority. But I do agree I'd rather see Djok-Dolgo as it will be more competitive.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
I think they put Federer on Ashe night session because Djoko already played his last two matches in Ashe night sessions.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts