Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fed when asked after beating Kiwi who he would like to take on next. Looks like Fed is looking for some more revenge. Confidence or bravado?

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Federer will send Nalbandian back to Argentina .

Reactions: oneandonlyhsn

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
you really think he'd wanna play Sanguinetti :rolls:

Roger could play on crutches and beat him :tape:
:rolls: OMG classic

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should be a good one if Nalbandian beats the old, gray haired man. If Nalbandian loses to Sang then he should just retire from the game. No way should he lose that one.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
Should be a good one if Nalbandian beats the old, gray haired man. If Nalbandian loses to Sang then he should just retire from the game. No way should he lose that one.
Umm, we are talking about Nalby here anything is possible

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
I like Roger's confidence in spite of his scratchy match against Kiefer. It seems he wants to set some H2H records straight.

I would be very surprised if Sangy won but then this is Nalby we are talking about. I am praying for a Nalby win so that we can see some good tennis from both players on Thursday.

·
Registered
507 Posts
A fair comment.
Fed knows his h2h with David isn't in his favour and wants to prove he can beat Nalby. No doubt he wants to end his career with winning h2h against all the players. He won't though. Nalby will play like his best and bring Fed down with a humbling bump.
:)

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
LLeytonRules said:
How about Roger improving his serve, its been a liability!
Yeah in the 1st two sets he was very tentative with his serves but he did amp it late in the 3rd and the 4th.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah in the 1st two sets he was very tentative with his serves but he did amp it late in the 3rd and the 4th.
He was moving better, hitting with authority, playing on or inside the baseline and hitting good serves in the 4th set. I'm not sure why he isn't coming out of the gates that way. I think he will against Nalbandian because he knows how well Nalby can play. Fed comes out slowly against just about everyone except for Hewitt, Andre recently, Roddick and a few others. It's almost as if he believes when the time is right, he can just turn it on and win. He did today.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Federer is faking out his opponents and their scouts. he's saving his best for last.

David, be afraid, be very afraid. ;)

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
He was moving better, hitting with authority, playing on or inside the baseline and hitting good serves in the 4th set. I'm not sure why he isn't coming out of the gates that way. I think he will against Nalbandian because he knows how well Nalby can play. Fed comes out slowly against just about everyone except for Hewitt, Andre recently, Roddick and a few others. It's almost as if he believes when the time is right, he can just turn it on and win. He did today.
I agree with you especially the latter part. In fact, I have seen this behavior from him over the past few months. I personally think this is high risk tennis but I guess Roger knows best.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts